Friday, July 5, 2013

Fireworks

Abilene did their fireworks Wednesday night instead of Thursday night, the actual 4th. They said since most people were off Thursday, there would be a bigger turnout versus those who have to work Friday might not want to stay out so late. I could care less normally, but Devin works Wed nights and is off starting Thursday so that meant he couldn't come with us! I wanted the kids to enjoy them so I gave them their baths like normal and then at 8:45, instead of being tucked in, we got some blankets and pillows and loaded up the back of the Tahoe. I filled a bucket with juice boxes, Cracker Jacks, sour pitch kids, Twizzlers and glow bracelets and necklaces! We decided to leave at 9:10 even though they didn't start until 10. The traffic gets crazy and we wanted to be ready. We parked in a field near Shotwell which is right by the zoo, where they do them at. We had a great seat. About 9:45, I could tell Pips was getting sleepy and restless. The grass was high in some places, so I was NOT about to let them run around in it. She just walked around inside the back part of the car. At 10 exactly, they started! The show lasted a good 25 minutes and the kids loved them so much. Pips ended up laying down on her pillow and covered up with her blanket and just enjoyed them all snuggled up! Traffic was hell right after so we waited about ten minutes and then joined the line to leave. It was now 10:40. Pips was already falling asleep and Aikman and I were just having a good ole' time talking about things. They had police everywhere directing traffic and so we got rerouted a few times and made it home at 11:30! I carried Pips in and then Monks and I went back out to get the blankets and pillows. We both went to bed as soon as we got in. It was so much fun though! Monks thanked me for taking him as I tucked him in. Precious boy. 

Snack Bucket!
Our lovely VIP seating....
This was at the house still lol but I love this pic!
Out in the field......about to start!


My camera is horrible at night and yes, those are someone's headlights right in our face. I yelled three times for them to turn them off. About 8 minutes in, they finally did. Thanks super considerate people! 

Can they be any more comfy?





No comments:

Post a Comment