Thursday, March 20, 2014

St. Patrick's Day

We try to be festive and do fun things with the kids for every holiday, no matter what. Aikman asked me what was this month and when I told him St Patricks day, he looked at me like what's that? I explained it again to him and he said, "oh. That's weird!" Lol. Weird or not, we could make it fun! We worked on random  coloring pages and even made Leprechauns. The highlight of the holiday had to be our leprechaun trap! When I first mentioned this to the kids, Aikman was very confused. Remember my boy is very sweet and looks out for others. He asked me 1,321 questions about how it would work. Pips was ready to go, she wanted that leprechaun! Monks on the other hand was a little leery about it. He was concerned the trap might hurt him or what if he fell or what if he was scared or couldn't breathe. When I finally assured him it was all okay and we weren't the Manson family, he was on board. Cute, right? The kids worked on decorating the box and setting it up. I put some coins in the box to lure him in. In the morning, we had a real surprise! He had taken the coins, but escaped our trap! Sneaky little guy! All we had was a trail of green glitter he left behind leading from the table to the back door! I didn't get pics of them in their green, but they looked sweet! Aikman had picked out a new Hulk shirt to wear and Pips wore her duck shirt that says lucky and has clovers on it with her emerald green hair bow. So cute! Nothing beats Lucky Charms and green milk! 

We each colored a man and Aikman even cut his own out, all by himself! I was so proud! 

Our trap! The lid was propped up with a stick so that when he crawled in and hit the stick, the lid would close. 



No comments:

Post a Comment