Friday, October 3, 2014

Our First Goodbye

After Pippa's party, Tio and Tia talked to Devin and I about something they had been wanting to do for a while. They wanted to take the kiddos for a few days and then we could come down to visit, spend a couple days and come back home. This would be the first time they were away from us! I knew they would have crazy fun and I knew I could obviously trust them with the kids, but I was a little nervous. Not too sure why but I was. We approached the kids with the idea and they screamed with excitement and couldn't wait to leave. I explained mommy and daddy wouldn't be there and they both were like, uh huh, we know. It was settled! We would meet halfway to give Tia our babies for nearly 5 days! That week flew by to me but Satirday couldn't come fast enough for the kids. We had packed the night before and left about 7:45 in the morning. We got there about 15 minutes before Tia, she hit some traffic, and so we waited. I had battled tears the whole way there and thought to myself just hold it in a little longer. Lol. She showed up, we kissed our sweet nephew, and then loaded up their car seats into her car. She had made them goodie bags and they were beyond excited! We said our goodbyes, which were tough, okay only for me lol, and watched them drive away. It was then time to head home! By ourselves. Kidless. I knew I would enjoy time alone with Devin, but it felt so different. 

My babies all ready to go! 

Tia just drove under the overpass...

Loaded up and ready to roll! 



No comments:

Post a Comment