Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Monks' First Fundraiser

It may sound corny but I am a mom that gets teary eyed and squeals with excitement when something that shows my kids have arrived at real person status occurs. For example, since turning four, we have to pay for Aikman at places like buffets and movies. Only three and under are free. He's a real person now. He gets the order form for his cap and gown pics. Um, real person status! He will be in kindergarten! He is working on his first school project! More to come on that, but hello! Fake kids don't do projects! Real school kids do! Little things like that make me excited! Imagine my delight at his first baseball practice (non tee ball!) when the coach's wife handed out his fundraiser packet. My eyes lit up! I might have seriously squealed. Devin might have rolled his eyes. Lol. He is selling peelers to raise money for his league. They give you ten to sell and they are $20 a piece. A little pricy, but these are awesome ones! You will easily get your money's worth. They have several buy one get ones on there. Things like wings from Buffalo Wild Wings, six inch subs from Subway, free burgers from Sonic, free blizzards, the list goes on and on! We made it our goal to help our baby sell, sell, sell. We have sold 20 to date, I don't know when it's all due, but we know we have this week for sure. I also typed up some thank you letters and he will fill in the blanks. Even though it's a fundraiser, he won't forget his manners! I made it a little easier on him though and had him fill in his team name and his name and made copies of it. Now he just fills in who bought them! The kid has twenty names to write so I cut him some slack! Lol. 


I forgot to mention, they are supposed to have their last names on their jerseys but Aikman and a kid named Riley got their first names lol the coach's wife offered to change it, but we said it was all good. My number 1 stands out! Precious boy! 

The peelers! Kind of hard to read but I promise, they are great deals! 

Precious yellow jackets! Lol 



No comments:

Post a Comment