Sunday, December 5, 2010

"Cold" Weekend

We had a cold front come in for Thanksgiving. It was in the high 30's, low 40's. It makes it nice to be inside and stay in your pajamas and watch movies and play all day. I think the cold though gave us all a little cold. All three of us woke up Saturday with runny noses and just not feeling too good. I hated it but it was nice to have the weekend to rest. We stayed away from Gigi (which was no fun) so we would not give her anything and rested. The great thing about monks is he never acts sick. He is not fussy or clingy or rubbing his ears or anything. That can also be bad to not know how extreme his cold is when he shows no signs. Devin and I had it the worst and Monday I stayed home and Devin had not gone in the night before. I called Monday first thing to get him an appointment because he had started a small cough and that made me nervous, he has never had a cough and I just knew he had the start of pneumonia or something crazy. Devin called me on the way home from the pediatrician and said it was just a cold brought on by his teething. Poor man has 6 coming in right now and most of them are his molars.That caused the runny nose and the cough was just it clearing itself out. His ears and throat looked great and his chest sounded just fine. He did give us an antibiotic just for prevention and he had to take 1/2 teaspoon for 5 days. Here is my sick monkey.



No comments:

Post a Comment