Friday, December 31, 2010

The Mat

So I am late in getting this posted but Tuesday Devin called me to give me my daily monkey update from the sitter. He told me all that he ate and what they did and how she said he was a great boy and then his next sentence made me want to burst into tears. Monks slept on a mat at naptime, not in his playpen. A mat. A big boy mat with no sides to hold him in or anything. I said well I am sure she had the hardest time keeping him there and he said no, she said he stayed on it and slept for an hour and half. My baby slept on a mat. He is 16 months old! That blows my mind. My sweet boy is no longer a baby and hasn’t been for a while now. He will always be MY BABY but he is growing so fast and I am so torn on how I feel. Part of me is ecstatic he adjusts so well and tries new things and is so laid back. The other part is so sad at how independent he is and I don’t always feel he “needs” me. I know it is normal “mom” feelings but I couldn’t help but get teary eyed when I shared our new accomplishment with the girls at work. I am so proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment