Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hide and Seek

We had a very fun Halloween. I did not take Monks out trick or treating, I feel he is too young still, so we just gave out candy at the house. We had more kids than ever before! Monks wore his costume Saturday night so Sunday we just watched football and children’s Halloween movies. I love Scary Godmother! When Tio and Tia got out of church on Sunday, they came over to eat (we had lots of leftovers from the night before) and when Jenny was fixing her plate, she called me in the kitchen to come look at something. I was kind of scared but then she said look in the fridge and I did and in the door by the condiments was Aikman’s toy phone. He leaves toys in the most random places! I found a little squeaky purple frog in there too. He kills me!
He also loves to say “Bye” all the time now. He says it when he leaves obviously, when he gets out of the car and when he leaves the room. I love to hear him say it. When I dropped him off at the sitter’s Monday he told me bye as I got out of the car and came around to get him out. I may have mentioned this too but he tells Apollo bye each morning when we leave. What a little gentlemen!
We went to Sam’s yesterday to get some stuff. When we passed the produce he stared at everything and then pointed at the bananas. My monkey needs his nanas! It was very sweet. He also picked a book. We gave him the choice between 3 small Dr. Seuss books (it was a set) or a Dump truck book. He chose the Dr. Seuss ones. Gigi read him some last night and he loved them!
Devin and Phil watched the Rangers game that was on while Gigi and I played with Monks in the room before bedtime. I could watch him play for hours. I love watching him figure stuff out, seeing his eyes light up and seeing him be creative. He has this little Woody doll that talks when you squeeze him and he would press the button and when he would talk he would look up at us and laugh like hey, you all hear this guy?? It was so funny.

1 comment:

  1. what a gentleman. his john smith phone in the fridge lol

    ReplyDelete