Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New Sitter

So today was a little sad for me. Monks will now be going to daycare full time instead of part time so Devin can attend Deputy School. We had a great home sitter who had a little girl at home who was 2 ½ but we decided he needed more stimulation and interaction with kids. We finally found someone else we really liked and went and met with her and Aikman really seemed to take well to her and the other kids. She runs a home daycare and in his “class” he has a 2 year old, a 19 month old and a 14 month old. Monks will be 15 months in 3 days so he fits right in. He has never had an issue with strangers or separation but I was still nervous. He started there today. I was just praying and praying he would do fine and walking up to the door I had a million things running through my head like was this a good idea, were we doing the best for him, would he be scared, so many things. Jennifer came to the door and he smiled and we went in and I saw his “menu” for the day and she showed me his cubby. He walked right in looking dapper in his Buzz pajamas and started pointing at the toys. I had to run back out to get his playpen for naps and I just pictured him following me wondering where I went. I got it out of the car and came back to find him sitting by the sitter with his hand on her thigh just smiling while she showed him a truck. He looked at me like hey, this is neat mom and continued playing with her. I talked to her some and she told me I could call as much as I wanted to check on him. In the middle of our conversation he was just walking around and told me bye so I took that as my cue to leave J I am so glad he is independent and confident but it is sad in a silly mom way. I love my boy to death and am so proud of him.
*Devin called me when he picked him up at 3 and said his day was great and she said he did so well. Monks was eating his snack when Devin walked in. She said he laughed a lot and was very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment