Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend Update


Saturday we went to the West Texas Fair and Rodeo parade! Not only was the parade lots of fun, but it was low 70’s out! Do you know when the last time I felt cool temps like that? Probably like last March, if that. Normally by 10 in the morning, it is 92, not like 72. It was perfect. The sun was still out but it was not hot at all. I didn’t sweat the whole morning. The WHOLE morning. I definitely don’t remember the last time that happened! Aikman and Pippa loved it and Tio and Tia and Adrian went too. We had great seats and didn’t have to park far. After the parade, the kids and I went home to eat lunch and then take naps. In the afternoon, it was still crazy nice out so we went to the parks by the zoo. With the fair and rodeo going on, it was like a ghost town as everyone was out there. We played for a while, walked the track and played near the ducks. Pippa is doing so well walking and walked a lot by herself. We then went to Subway. I thought it was so cute because Aikman will normally get Cheetos, so when Devin asked him what kind of chips he wanted he said “haw-peenyo.” He loves their kettle cooked jalapeno chips but they are pretty hot. He ate over half the bag. I asked him for one of his chips to try and he said “yes but be careful momma, they spicy but they sooooo good!” Precious boy. I also died laughing because he was trying to tell me about some book and he kept getting tongue tied. He then said “oooh cha, I can’t talk tonight!” It was then home for baths and bedtime. Being Saturday, Aikman and I ate popsicles in my bed and watched Toy Story 2. He quotes it so much and it is so cute to hear him. I guess that means he watches it too much but oh well, we had fun!

Parade
Walking at park

This is the tallest slide in the world, I swear! 




Sunday, when Devin got off work, we went to breakfast at Golden Corral. The kids ate so much! We then went and took flowers to Grandpa. Saturday was one year exactly since he passed away. Crazy. It was still really nice out and not hot at all so we took him flowers and of course we had to go see Gigi too. We then went to the park again (a different one this time) and played for a while and then watched the groundhogs in the dirt. We went home for lunch and naps and then we worked on something for Pete for his birthday and ate dinner and then we went for a walk. We took Pips in the wagon and Aikman walked. Apollo came with us too. Aikman said as we were walking “It is so nice to be outside! I love it!” I am so glad he does and we are going to make sure he gets lots of outside time. No more laziness on our part. Both kids love going to parks and had a blast walking. We passed a house that had like 72 dogs and of course they barked like crazy and I heard Pippa making noise and I thought she was whining so I told her it was okay and not to be scared and then I looked back and saw her staring at the dogs and clapping so I shined a flashlight on her and she was smiling and going “ahh! ahh! ahh!” in a high pitched voice. I really think she was trying to bark. She was just laughing and laughing doing it. Wasn’t scared at all! Apollo was really funny too in that he didn’t want any of us in front of him, he had to be in front and you could tell he was just looking around making sure nothing was there. I love so much that he is so protective of the kids. Aikman enjoyed it so much and just talked and talked the whole time. It was dark when we went and so we would shine the flashlight on things we saw and discuss them. I was a little nervous about mosquitoes so made sure I sprayed everyone from head to toe and even the wagon and Apollo! The can of Off Sport I had said right on the front something about repelling mosquitoes carrying West Nile. Money! 

My babies remembering their Grandpa. 

This pic kills me! 
Running from Daddy
She loves crawling in tunnels

Groundhog enclosure. Monks walked the wall and Pippa just walked.  She looks so tiny! 

No comments:

Post a Comment