Friday, June 8, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

Monday, June 4th was mine and Devin's 7 year anniversary! It has been an amazing 7 years. Of course we are not perfect, but we come preeeetty close. No one makes me laugh like Devin can. He kills me! He is so good to me and I know I don't appreciate him enough. He is a great husband, father and provider. He has always been there for me and I can't imagine my life with anyone but him. He makes me so proud and works so hard. I am not a hopeless romantic but I do know he is my soul mate and the person who was meant for me. He gives me my happily ever after.

We went to dinner Tuesday night to celebrate. Our original plans were for June 12 and we were going to get a hotel room and Tio and Tia were going to keep the kids for us overnight and then we were going to spend all day Wednesday together. Sigh. Devin's schedule changed suddenly and he has to work some task force junk that Wednesday now so if we did it still, he would be leaving the hotel at like 6 in the morning to go work. Not what we had in mind. So we cancelled. We are hoping to be able to do it soon. Anyway, we went to dinner and had a great time. We then went and did some shopping and just spent time together.

I got a treadmill for my anniversary and Devin has not got his gift yet because I was holding out to give it to him when we had our hotel. Before you think I am referring to something sexual, let me explain by saying I just meant give him his actual presents then. I am determined to make this hotel night work sometime soon. We do have this tradition (and have been doing this since we started dating) where any time a holiday or celebration requires a card, we get a sweet sappy one that shows how we really feel and makes us go aww and then we get one that is nasty and has a sexual reference and makes us go yeah! Yep, that's how we roll. I think we look forward to that part the most.

Happy 7 Years Devin! I can't wait to grow old with you! Love you more than anything and everything!


Our drinks! I had a berry sangria and oh em gee it was amazing! After the night had ended and we put the kids to bed I said Devin, we didn't take any pics of our food! and he said aww man you're right and then we both were like we didn't take a pic of us! Lol. So only our drinks were on our mind. Sorry! I promise we looked super cute though.

No comments:

Post a Comment