Friday, June 15, 2012

Our Anniversary Celebration

Tuesday night we celebrated our anniversary. I booked us one of the presidential suites at the Elegante. Oh em gee was it worth it! It was a beautiful room and had several perks. When Devin picked me up from work Tuesday, we took the kids to Tio and Tia’s and then headed to the room! We went upstairs and freshened up and then went to get our free drinks! I had a margarita and a rum and coke and was good. I am such a lightweight since my babies came. Devin drank margaritas and beer and then a couple gave us two of their tickets since they were leaving. Devin drank those too. J We had so much fun sitting there and stereotyping all the people around us. We had each other laughing so hard. We then went back upstairs to freshen up once more and head out. We went to Chili’s and had appetizers. We witnessed this crazy couple behind our booth straight making out and being very sexual at the table. People were staring and I wanted to throw up in my mouth. They were in their late 40’s too. A manager finally came and asked them to leave and said it was a family restaurant and they were being inappropriate. They asked if they could just finish their wine and the manager said they needed to sit separate then. After we headed out, I wanted to run by Wal-Mart to buy some bowls I had seen for the salsa at Pippa’s party. I told Devin we could just run in really fast and then be done so we didn’t have to go the next day. When we walked in, there was a big display of Hot Wheels and Devin said we have to get something for Monks. He grabbed a little three pack of cars and I saw some pink lemonade cake mix and frosting I love so I grabbed that. Devin ended up not liking the bowls so we didn’t get them. It was around 9:30 and we checked out. Devin said “how sad are we? We are kid less staying in a suite and we come to Wal-Mart and buy cake mix and cars?” We ended up hanging out and running around to a few places and then headed to the room just before 11:00. We toasted our complimentary liquor/champagne they gave us and to be honest, it tasted like rubbing alcohol. We then hit up the Jacuzzi tub in our room and fell asleep around 1:30. Breakfast was brought to us around 7:30 and we laid in bed watching TV until about 10:30 when we showered and got ready for the day. Checkout was at noon. We then went and did some shopping and paid on some stuff for Pippa’s party. I picked up the kids around 4:50. We had a wonderful time together. I can’t even describe how much fun we had. Thanks to Tio and Tia for keeping them overnight for us. Such a treat.


Our tub and yes we both fit comfortably at the same time.
 


Que cute.
 








We tried to take the picture below of the two of us and the camera was turned the wrong way so we got just the staircase. Lol. Oops.


Much better
 



Leaving the hotel
 
Tio sent me this pic and it said "my Elegante"
  
Getting ready for bed!


Pips at breakfast


No comments:

Post a Comment