Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Weekend Update

Saturday was spent just hanging out at the house. We played some, cleaned some and even swam some. It has been disgustingly hot outside (average 104) and it is a nasty dry heat. What better way to cool off than to swim! The pool is not very big but the kids love it. Pips kept standing up in it but never tried to take a step. They played for about an hour and then we got out. We watched Planet 51 on the Disney channel and ate dinner. Keeping with Big Tia’s philosophy, since they swam, they didn’t need a bath and Pips was ready for bed but I kept Aikman up with me and we just hung out after Devin left for work. Aikman got these “x-ray vision” shades in a kids meal from Arby’s and loves them! He would not take them off! He has these little dog tags from one of those machines you find outside of stores. They have some superheroes on them and he likes to wear all 3 at once. He had on his shades, dog tags and only a t shirt with his underwear and I was finishing some laundry. This was our little conversation as he ran around the living room diving on the ottoman:

Monks: Hey look at me momma! I look so cool right now.
Me: You sure do!
Monks: Oh man, but I look so cool!
Me: I know. You’re too cool.
Monks: I wish I could be a superhero so bad momma.

Lol. He said it with such a want in his voice like so disappointed he isn’t. I couldn’t help but think that was so sweet. He kept telling me he needed a mask and then as he would jump off the couch he would yell “Call me Mister Aik-maaaaaan!” I absolutely adore his imagination and creativity at this stage. He kills me all the time with things he says or does. So freaking sweet!


Sunday we went to breakfast at McDonald’s. Aikman loves sausage and their pancakes. Pippa eats anything ha ha. We then went to Target and then to HEB for stuff to grill! We bought chicken, sausage, stuff for bacon wrapped jalapenos (from hell), stuff for salad and corn to grill. We then picked up Pete, went to Academy and then grabbed lunch on the way home. They kids then laid down for naps and Devin, Pete and I fell asleep in the living room. Pete had to be at work at 4 so he missed some festivities but came over when he was off at 10 to eat. Phil got off work around 4:45 and came over and the kids swam again as Devin and Phil sat around the grill. I was making the salad, the jalapenos and dessert. Those peppers killed me! My hands seriously burned some Monday morning as I sat at my desk at work. I wrapped them in thick sliced bacon and stuffed them full with cream cheese and a little powdered garlic. They looked amazing and to die for. No, they seriously almost killed me. I de-seeded them and even rinsed them out. As I went to rinse them I guess the fumes of the seeds?? went in the air and straight in my lungs. I now know what real OC aka pepper spray feels like. I immediately began to cough and couldn’t catch my breath. What was the deal? My face burned from where I had wiped some sweat with the back of my hand so my top lip was on fire and stayed that way for the rest of the evening. Am I being overdramatic? No! Those things were devilish. I did not even eat a whole one. They killed me that much. Everyone else said yeah, they are hot but of course still ate them. All 24 were devoured. I am still scared of them. Anyway, besides the craziness from that, the rest of the meal was delicious! Tio and Tia and Adrian came over right after church to eat and we all watched some of the football game on NFL network and the Olympics. Adrian and Pips were put to bed around 8:45 and then we ate dessert! I had made just a regular sheet cake and cubed it. Well it was more crumbled than cubed but it still tasted amazing. We then put sliced strawberries on it and that whipped cream from the can. It was so good. Monks went to bed around 10:30 and everyone left around 1:20. Yep, in the morning. Lol. It was a lot of fun being together and just hanging out. I always enjoy it no matter what. Thanks everyone for coming! I really hope we do it again soon. 

Pips looking at Pete. 
Playing dress up in Academy 





No comments:

Post a Comment