Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Weekend Update


Nothing too exciting this weekend except for swimming! Saturday a friend of ours invited us to go swimming in Anson. It is exactly 22 miles from Abilene. Didn’t take too long to get out there and it was so worth the drive. The pool was awesome! I loved the set up of it. Plus, I don’t think there was ever over 20 people there. And they were not all in the water. When you first enter, it is like the beach in that the water gradually gets deeper. They had a 1ft deep section and then a 2ft deep section roped off and then you got into the 3-5 feet and so on. They also had a small area roped off for the slides. Two big curly slides to go down! The kids loved it! I know Pippa got tired at the end but she just wanted out of her floatie which was so nice in the super shallow parts because she could crawl around and play on her own. They also had this big mushroom shaped fountain that water constantly poured off of. Aikman loves things like that. He had so much fun playing with Qeylee and Hopper in the water. Hopper is so funny because she thinks Pippa’s name is Hippa. It is so cute to hear her say it. We were out there 3 hours but did take a snack break. They sold nachos, hot dogs, chips and drinks for $1. Um, hello. You think the Anderson’s would not jump on that?? Monks and I got the food during a potty break. Both babies passed out on the way home. We were all pretty worn out from it but it was insanely fun.







Sunday we just went grocery shopping. I got some new recipes I wanted to try and I made a list so we won’t be going constantly. We always spend so much more when we don’t have a list and just grab random things that “sound” good. Sunday night I made Spicy Romano Chicken with Artichoke Hearts and Sun Dried Tomatoes. Oh to the em to the gee. It was delicious. It was spicy though as it called for quite a bit of cayenne pepper but the flavors were awesome. Tia and Adrian came over and we all hung out. I could not feed it to the kids so they just had chicken and rice and fruit. It was a great weekend! 


Pips had fallen asleep after shopping, and we went to a gas station to get a drink. I went to peek in the window to look at her and Devin took a pic without me knowing it. So that is why I look like a creepy bum looking at my daughter.Sigh. 


No comments:

Post a Comment