Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Break Fun

I took off the whole week of Christmas! I enjoyed my time with my family and wanted to cry last night realizing it was already over. We spent lots of time with the kids and just having fun. It was so cold out (we actually got some snow on Christmas Day) and poor Monks wanted to go to a park so bad to play. We tried to explain to him we couldn't play outdoors in 30 degree weather but he still asked daily. We did make some cool crafts! We mad a snow globe/wand with glitter and beads in it, glow water, Goop (water and cornstarch) and macaroni dyed noodle art. He had fun dyeing the noodles with alcohol (rubbing that is) and setting them out to dry. We all made cute pics. Pippa even got in on the action and glued some down. She wasn't too fond of the Goop but enjoyed playing with cookie cutters, sprinkles and spoons while Daddy and Monks played forever. Devin had so much fun with it and it was cute to see him show Aikman how to do it and be silly. The food coloring stained our hands some so Devin had hot pink hands, Monks had green and I had blue for the day. Oh well. We colored several pictures and drew Christmas trees. I love doing arts and crafts with my kiddos and am so glad they enjoy them too! My monkey is quite the artist!  

This was before we dyed it.
Aikman loves glitter glue so much! 
Pippa being creative....
Glo Water! We didn't have a black light to do it in the bathtub but this was still fun to play with!

No comments:

Post a Comment