Thursday, December 13, 2012

Santa!


Tuesday was our Christmas party at DPS. We always have a luncheon and everyone brings a side and the supervisors provide the meats. I tried out a new recipe. I made Bourbon baked beans. I was scared because I used Mike’s bourbon and he had Wild Turkey lol but luckily it all cooked off. They were good, not amazing and definitely not gross. We had so much food and our family’s come to eat with us. I had to rearrange some of my cabinets to fit everyone up front. We sat around my desk and it was Tio, Tia, Adrian, Jennifer (a co-worker), Devin, Aikman, Pippa and myself. That’s a lot of chairs! We enjoyed great food and great company. After we cleaned up some, I left for the afternoon and we all went to the mall to see Santa! Aikman was so excited and couldn’t wait. I have to be honest, I was a little disappointed in Santa. He never asked him his name, never asked what he wanted, just said “put him on this knee.” Aikman was so happy too and ran and hugged him and still nothing. Pippa walked up and waved and pointed and gasped and began to walk toward him. I thought yes! She is not scared. Devin then picked her up and set her on his knee and she immediately began to scream. She hated everything about sitting there. I am not sure I have ever heard her scream that loud either. We still got a good pic of Aikman and he just sat there smiling the whole time. The pics I bought were the best out of the ones she took. Devin got Pippa off his lap and set her down. She waved goodbye as tears streamed down her face. Craziness. So much for not being scared. The kids all got cute Elf hats too. We then went back to our house, laid the kids down for naps and the four adults watched The Avengers, since Jenny had never seen it. We hung out and time flew by. It was then 6:30 and we went out to the State School to see the lights and get another pic with all three cousins and Santa. We were able to walk right up and didn’t have to wait. Aikman ran into his arms and thank you State School, I need to write a note, but Santa was so friendly! He asked Aikman his name, asked if he had been good, asked him who the other kids were and Monks was so sweet saying “Pippa, yep she is my sister and Adrian my cousin!” Pippa screamed the minute she saw him and Devin had to hold her. Santa tried giving her a candy cane and nothing. They tried putting Adrian in his lap and he began to cry too. I didn’t feel so bad knowing Pippa wasn’t the only one lol Thanks Adrian! Candy canes didn’t make him happy either. Santa told Devin he could sit by him in the chair and hold her and Devin ended up sitting on the arm and then Jenny stood on the other side with Adrian. They take your pic for $5 which we did, but they also give you the option of letting your use your camera or phone instead. I think that is so nice. We got a super cute pic and had happy babies with mommy and daddy holding them. We then went to Subway for dinner. Such a festive and fun day! 

Pippa is too happy.....
My Little Elf! 
At the State School in the car
Jolly Old Saint Nick! Too cute with them all.

1 comment:

  1. State school Santa was a million times better than Mall Santa. I think I will email them too.

    ReplyDelete