Sunday, September 15, 2013

First Day Of School

The first day of school was an exciting one for the kids and an extremely sad one for this mom. I woke up telling myself it would all be okay and that this is part of the growing process. Easier said than done. Wow. We woke the kids up and they were already in the process of getting up! They got dressed, ate breakfast and then brushed their teeth and hair. We put their lunches in their backpacks and then it was time for pictures! My kids looked so precious standing there! I could kick myself though and may retake them soon but I wish on Aikman’s sign I would have put first day of Pre-K, which is what it is. And then Pips could have held the first day of Preschool since this is her first time out in the world! Sweet girl. Devin and I took them to school and took them to their classrooms. We signed them in and then took them out to the playground where they would wait for their teacher to get them at 8:30 when school starts. We met the teachers outside and said our goodbyes. Aikman seemed a little more hesitant, but once we gave our hugs and kisses, he took Pips by the hand and walked towards the playground. Talk about trying to hold it all in! Devin and I walked off and he brought me to work. I wondered all day about them, especially Pips. What if someone was mean to her, what if she was scared, would she know how to eat her lunch? Yes, I really asked myself that. I couldn’t wait until that afternoon when my phone rang and it was Devin. I began asking 47 questions and he calmed me down and said Pips had a great day, the teachers were proud of her, she got along with everyone and played so nice with the other kids. She ate most of her lunch (yay! She knew how to eat! lol). She never napped, which is not good for the Pipster, but in time she would get used to it. Aikman had a great day and was named Star Student! She said she was very impressed with his ability to listen and sit still, especially for his age. He is the youngest kid in his class. He just turned four, while the others are about to be 5! I am determined to make sure he is not behind them and we will work on anything we need to. So far, he is doing very well. He did have some issues with hitting kids, but turns out they hit him first or were bugging him, so now he knows he needs to tell a teacher instead of hit back. Then we were faced with the complete opposite. He was hugging and kissing the kids in his class since they were his “friends.” We had to explain we should really only kiss family and he said okay. Once we got past a fighter/lover, we are good. All that was in the first week. Ha ha. All is going well though and they look forward to school daily! 

Sleepyheads just woke up!

Eating Froofy Petals AKA Fruity Pebbles
Presh!

Look at Pips in the back giving dirty looks!

She was dancing here.

Second Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment