Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Lucas Antonio Silva Arrives!

The next morning, we woke and got dressed and ate a quick breakfast! We had to get to the hospital! Morgan came as usual and kept Pippa. I wanted Monks to get to go up there. I figured he was easier to entertain than she would be for a while. As I finished getting ready, Pete texted she was about to start to push. She wasn’t supposed to be admitted until like 6, and it was only 7:45ish and I really thought Pete didn’t know exactly what he was talking about. Sorry Pete! Fast forward to me driving down Sayles and I get a text that said he was crowning and then as we turned into the hospital, I got a pic of a precious baby boy saying “he is here!” I cried so hard as I parked the car lol and let Aikman see my phone. He said who is this momma?! I said that is Lucas! He said oh my gosh! That poor child has been waiting for his cousin to come! Tia parked near us and we all ran in as fast as we could. We got to the room and they were finishing cleaning Nicole up and Pete came out. I will never forget his face as we looked at each other. Brings tears to my eyes now as I think about it. We had our hugs and our tears and our shrieks of excitement. Mike, Jenny, Phil and Adrian walked in a few minutes after us. We sat in the waiting room until we could go in and hold our newest member of the family. We then found out Nicole was having contractions the day before and they went to the hospital early early morning. Devin had class that day and it was a training he could not get out of so on his lunch break he came up there and we all got to see Lucas together. He was just as perfect as I imagined. We all held him and kissed on him and then went to lunch while they moved rooms. Tia Nette had to head home after lunch and Devin went to class so we went home and put the little ones down for naps and Phil and I went to HEB and we bought balloons and flowers. We bought balloons for Lucas and then two separate mylar’s for Gigi and G-bo, plus some fresh flowers. They had to show off the fact they were grandparents for the fourth time! After naps, we headed back up the hospital with all the kids in their “cousin” shirts I had made for them. We hung out with everyone and then Mike had left to get Pete and Nicole Subway for dinner. When he got back, we all said our goodbyes and headed to eat ourselves. After dinner, we headed home and the Silva family headed back to Pilot Point. It was such an exciting day! Our family is growing and growing and I am so glad we are all still able to get together to celebrate! Nothing is more important than family! We love you so much sweet little Lucas! I look forward to a lifetime of happiness with you! You’re the cutest little guy ever! 

So sweet!
My baby loves his nephew so much!
One of my fav pics
Showing Lucas the artwork Aikman made for him
Proud uncle
Trying to get a pic of all the cousins. Yes, that is Adrian on the floor lol


An extremely proud Auntie!

Going home the next day. See him in there?



Preciousness overload!






No comments:

Post a Comment