Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pippa is 7 Months!

My Pips is 7 months old! I know I am a day late in posting this but I could not get my blog to work right yesterday. Tio helped me today at work. J At 7 months, she:

-has two teeth (the third broke the skin but is a tiny line through the gum)
-rolls over. This includes front to back and back to front
-sits on her own 90% of the time
-holds her own bottle
-has tried potatoes, cantaloupe, strawberries, bananas and chocolate cake (this is all on daddy and even though he just put it to her mouth, she got a few crumbs in there so I count that!)
-goes to sleep on her own. This one makes me sad for the fact I can’t rock her anymore and she is my last baby but it is a big step to her being independent.
-makes several noises and has said “da-da” more times than I can count. It is not in reference to him necessarily so we don’t know if it counts . If I tell her to say Daddy she says “ah-da-da” and then she will repeat it over and over. Would you count this? If so, both our babies have said da-da as their first word. Oh well, they love me more so I have to give Devin something right? Kidding, kidding.

I am sure there are other milestones she has accomplished and many more she will in the next few weeks! She just kills me and I thinks she even smiles more than Aikman did! I am glad she is a happy baby. She sure is loved and adored by all her family. The thought of raising a girl scares me at times as they seem so vulnerable but I know she will be very confident and know just what she is worth. Having a police officer for a daddy helps too. J Not to mention a big brother, three uncles and a younger cousin who has nearly outgrown her. I won’t get ahead of myself though. I enjoy her so much right now and the thought of my Pips not being here is crazy. It’s pretty hard to imagine us without her. I love holding her in my lap, as she stands there staring at me with those perfect, sparkling eyes and that huge open mouth just smiling and drooling. I will lean in for a kiss and she opens wide and just giggles and leans forward. Those are the best. Happy 7 Months My Pips! Mommy loves you more than anything!


Eating her cantaloupe. She couldn't hold it on her own, it was too slippery so I held it and she would pull my hand toward her everytime I pulled away to let her chew it. Lol. She loved it though!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment