Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pippa's 6 Month Check-Up

Tuesday I took off for my Pippa’s 6 month check up! It went so well! She was getting sleepy since we did not get back to see the doctor until 11:40 so when the nurse smiled and talked to her she just stared at her like I am so not amused lady. We all were laughing at the looks she was giving. She is growing right on schedule! She weighed 18 pounds exactly and was 27 inches long. After being weighed and measured she drank half a bottle and was all smiles then. He said she looked perfect and is right where she should be. My precious Pips. Shots were not much fun for her and she cried the minute that needle touched her leg until Daddy picked her up to hold her. Aikman stood at her head and clapped and said come on Pippas, you can do it and then when she was crying he turned to me like um, that didn’t work too well and said in a distraught voice “momma”. I reassured him she was okay and once she stopped crying he was relieved. When we checked out, the nurse at the front gave Aikman a sticker for going and gave him one for Pippa. It was a Winnie the Pooh one and Aikman held onto it the whole day showing her and saying it was hers.

Funny story. When we were in the waiting room, this little girl kept going around just looking at the babies in the carriers. Pippa of course was in one. When she came to peek around at Pippa, Aikman would get off my lap and walk around to the side she was going to (always beating her there) and put one hand on the handle part and just stare at that little girl. He did it several times and the little girl’s mom said how sweet, he is such a protective big brother! He sure was! He was never mean but it just made me laugh to see the look he gave that girl and then we would tell him she is okay, she is just looking but he never took his eyes off her. I am so glad he is already playing the role of big brother.




Doing puzzles


I wanna kiss those thighs!


No comments:

Post a Comment