Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I'm Thankful For...


I can’t wait until tomorrow! It’s almost Thanksgiving! I am so excited this year we are all together once again. I was worried Mike and Jenny might be gone already but they are still here! Devin works of course at night and Mike doesn’t go in until 4 so we have the day together. Phil also got called to go in but that won’t be until 9 or so Thursday night. So here it is! The list of what I am thankful for!

-My husband. Devin is amazing in so many ways and I owe so much to him. I could go on forever about him but he is a great husband, an awesome dad (his dad would be so proud of him) and always puts us first. I have so much fun with him and he makes me laugh like no one can. I am still madly in love with him and miss him when I am not with him. Thirteen years and still going strong!

-My son and daughter. Aikman and Pippa are my world and I am so thankful I was blessed with two gorgeous children who are extremely happy and healthy. Their smiles and kisses and hugs are what keep me going. I love everything about them and they amaze me so much daily. Having children changed me and for the best. Being a mom is the greatest job in the world!

-My brothers. I have three awesome, handsome, insanely funny and loving brothers. They are always there for us anytime we need them. I would do anything for them. They are so different in many ways yet so similar in others. Everyone who meets them loves them. They are the best uncles any kid could ask for and my children adore them more than they will ever know!

-My sister. Jenny became my sister by marriage and even though I never wanted one lol my brother hit the jackpot with her! I have so much fun with her and cannot remember our lives without her. She is the best mother to my precious nephew and is the BEST aunt to my kids. She is the only aunt in our family right now (until the boys marry of course) and does a great job! She loves my kids like her own and I owe her so much for all she has done for us. Aikman and Pippa love their Tia to death.

-My Sweet Man. Adrian is awesome! I love that little guy to death. He has the funniest personality and no one can keep up with him. Not only is he absolutely adorable in the looks department (hello! Look at his parents) but he makes us laugh all the time. He melts my heart when we go over and he wants me over anyone and when he gives me kisses. I cannot wait to watch him grow and have him come stay with us. I take my role of Auntie S seriously!

-I am also so thankful for my extended family. Gramita, Big Tio, Tia Nett and Horns and now Karen. We had a tough time this last year and they all were there for us and I hope they would feel we were there for them. I am beyond grateful to them for all they do for us and our children. It gives me some comfort to know that my parents can live on through them, especially my mom.

My family is awesome, what can I say? Family is the most important thing to me and being a family means being there for each other no matter what. We were tested like crazy at times, but that’s life right? All you can do is go forward. At the end of the day when I think about regrets and things I wish I had back, when I think of my family, I realize I am the luckiest girl in the world. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving! I know I sure will! 

No comments:

Post a Comment