Friday, November 16, 2012

Pippa's Doctors Appointment


Early Thursday morning Pippa woke up at 2:30 just crying and crying. I went in her room and could kind of smell poop so I checked her and sure enough she had pooped. I changed her and turned her lamb back on and then got her some more milk and put her to bed. She felt a little warm but I thought that was just because she was under the blanket and her fan was off. I put it on low and left. I heard her about 15 minutes later crying again. Devin got up with her and said he gave her back her bottle and patted her for a minute. He then left. Another 20 minutes or so went by and she was screaming now. I went in and she was burning up. In that short amount of time, she went from barely warm to extremely hot. She was so upset I didn’t even try and take her temp but I did get her to take some Motrin. I held her for a little while and she was tired so was falling asleep on me. I went to put her down and she screamed as soon as I had her away from me. I then picked her up and sat in her chair and rocked her. She was out in minutes. I reclined it and covered us up some and we both slept. I called first thing in the morning for an appointment. I came in a little late that day and then left at 3:00 for her appointment. Devin had stayed home with her and then picked me up to take her. She weighed 26 pounds, 15 ounces and had a temp of 100.8. She was pretty much all smiles and was a little whiny but did not seem sick at all. Dr. Steadman said her ears looked great and her throat looked just fine, but he swabbed for strep just in case. That came back negative and he said she sounded great and she hadn’t had a runny nose or cough so he said it was either her teeth (although he said that temp is getting on the high side for teething) or some minor infection that needed to run its course. We were told to keep an eye on her and if overnight or this morning she seemed to get worse, to just call him and he could call in a prescription for her. We then got ready to leave and she was just smiling and “talking” to everyone. We went down the hall to check out and Pippa just walked by herself smiling at everyone. There were four ladies there (nurses and office staff) and they were going on and on about how gorgeous she is and how much she has grown. One of the nurses bent down and asked for a five and Pippa ran up to her and lifted her arms to be picked up. She picked her up of course and Pippa just smiled and leaned into her. So sweet. After we got our baby girl back lol we went to the counter where she got a sticker and was just smiling at the girls up there. One of the nurses who ALWAYS talks to the kids and asks for their eyelashes was talking to her and said something about her being too cute and how she is probably spoiled by everyone at home and Pippa said yeaaaaaaah. We all laughed and then she said again about how pretty she was and Pippa just smiled and made this face and the nurse laughed and said “oooh, she knows it too! You go girl!” We told everyone Happy Thanksgiving and left. She acted fine, just seemed really tired. After dinner, I bathed her and put her to bed about 6:50 since she could barely keep her eyes open. Devin took off last night to stay with her today and he said she woke up at 10:15 this morning!! Someone was exhausted! Poor thing. I am sure with some rest and all the extra TLC she has been given, she will be fine soon. He said she has been playing and eating so that is good. Baby girl needs to be ready to go for next week!

She looks really sick huh? At least she had a fever otherwise I am sure I would just be seen as some paranoid mom. Lol. 


No comments:

Post a Comment