Monday, November 19, 2012

Weekend Update


Saturday we went grocery shopping for all our Thanksgiving stuff. We picked up Pete about 9 and he went with us. It wasn’t crowded which is made it so nice. We had to go to HEB and Sams. We then headed home for lunch. I made the kids lunch and put Pippa down for her nap. Devin then woke up and so we got Burger King for the “adults” lol and Monks wanted a fruit smoothie. Devin took Pete home as I began to clean and then Devin called and said get the kids ready, we are going somewhere. The United parking lot was having a classic cars show and Toys for Tots were out there as well. We went to Kids Village first where I found two outfits I NEED for Pippa. One was $49 and the other was $67. They were precious though! I think I can convince Devin to let me get the cheaper one (like $50 is cheap lol). We then went to see the cars! Monks was in heaven pointing them all out and telling us about them. They had some music in a corner and huge speakers. We laughed because some AC/DC song was on and Pips was just bobbing her head in her stroller and moving her feet. Her G-Bo would be proud! We then went home and I cleaned house. We had to get ready for this week! I also had to put my Halloween stuff away. Yes, six years later, it was still up. Leave me alone.

Um, precious? Pete took this in HEB.

This was in front of Sams. I was getting Pippa out of the car and into the basket and I just look and  Pete has him on the front of this taking pictures! Lol. 
Driving down a road and saw these cows by the fence so we stopped to "moo" at them. We then notice this bison/buffalo in the back. Um, really? Who owns him?

Sunday we had a really laid back day. The kids and I played in the morning while Devin slept until 11:45. We played in Monks’ room with cars, legos and even built a fort on his bunk bed. Pippa got sleepy so I put her down for her morning nap and Monks and I got crafty. We made a turkey with those little pom pom balls and painted with shaving cream. We made the coolest pictures! We then ate spaghetti and salad for lunch and it was so sweet because my monkey told me “You are the best mommy ever when you make such mad good food like this.” I said it is just spaghetti sweetheart and he said “yeah but it’s so perfect!” Lol. My son is so easy to please. We then watched the Cowboys. I texted some family that Sundays are not a day for rest-at least not if you are a Cowboys fan. Talk about a nail biter. Actually that is an understatement. Talk about a “let me use every swear word I know while breaking stuff and punching the couch.” Okay so nothing got broken but still. Lol. We then went to the park to feed the ducks some bread we have been saving for nearly a month now. The kids had fun. Pippa didn’t want to feed them, she wanted to grab them so I had to keep her by me. She kept laughing at them and trying to make their noises. Monks loved feeding them but wouldn’t always let it go and so he held on to his bread a few times and so the ducks would come to him and he would try to run while shrieking. Poor baby. He did have lots of fun though. We then ran to HEB for a few things for us and then headed to pick up some wings for dinner. After dinner, I took a hot bubble bath with my Pips by candlelight and we had the best time. We sang, blew bubbles and just relaxed. Monks even walked in at one point with a little glass of wine for me. Sweet boy. She was so funny in that she wouldn’t face me. She wanted to sit right in front of me and lean back on me. Her little feet would float. She has the best personality. I can’t wait to start our Mommy and Me and Daddy and Me days with the kids. I only work 2 ½ days this week and then am off! Can’t wait! 

Pippa looks like a statue here lol
Painting!
These things were huge and up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment