Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Weekend Update


Saturday we went to lunch with Tio and Tia and Adrian at Lytle. It was so yummy! Monks said he wanted a corn dog with mustard! Lol. We then went shopping with them to get the rest of the stuff for Adrian’s party and order balloons. Our last stop was at Nikki’s for some delicious dessert! They had a pumpkin pie flavor and I got it and topped it with the whipped cream they have and got some cubes of pound cake. I shared with Pippa and Adrian and they loved it! We then all went home and we picked up Phil along the way and the kids went to nap while we hung out. After naps we went to Red Bud park and the kids played for a while. Phil then bought us all pizza and we went to Tio and Tia’s for dinner. I took Devin home to get ready for work and Tia bathed the kids for me. I then went back to help her with party stuff. It is going to be so cute, I can’t wait! I cannot believe my precious nephew will be one. The babies slept but Monks watched some movies on their computer while we worked. Guess what time we left? 11:35! Monks set a new record for staying up late. My poor boy. Pippa fell back asleep in the car after I got her up and Monks passed out. We live about 5 minutes from them. Luckily he woke up when we got home so I didn’t have to carry in two sleeping babies. He went right to bed.


Sunday, Devin got home a little over an hour late because he had a report to write. We were all up and so decided to go to breakfast. We went to Grandy’s and ate and had a lot of fun. Pippa tore up some eggs and sausage and fruit while Monks devoured bacon, pancakes, eggs and fruit. We then went to a park to play and headed home around noon for lunch and naps. The kids and Devin napped for over 3 hours while I only slept about an hour and then watched Snapped. We ended the evening eating chicken for dinner and watching the Cowboys. The kids were bathed and then Pippa was put to bed. I had some tubs to go through to get some party decorations out for Tia and so Monks helped me. He found some Mardi Gras beads and played with them forever.

We also played with some of our new things I bought on Saturday to learn and have fun with! We bought beads and pipe cleaners, stuff to make glow water, glow in the dark paint, Goop, painting with shaving cream and several things for our sensory tubs. Monks loves putting the beads on the pipe cleaners and we alternate colors or make them themed. He loves just playing with the furry little pom poms for our big bottle game. He loved when we would dump them all out on his face. Weird, I know, but we did it for like 20 minutes. He also liked how they felt under his feet and would stand in the tub on them. Time to start the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment