Friday, January 21, 2011

17 Months!

Thursday Monks turned 17 months old!! Man, this time is flying by too fast. Each day brings something new and he surprises us daily with new words and actions.

He says: daddy, mama, Gigi, Apollo, bite, hi, bye, yeah, no, down, car, dog, kitty, book, pee (I am sure there are a few more but I am drawing a blank) and I have not heard mom or mama in like 3 weeks. All of a sudden “daddy” is the magic word to him. Silly monkey.

He loves: cars, barking, reading, baths, eating, Apollo, family, dancing and singing.

I also think he is getting close to being ready for potty training. I just talked to one of my friends whose son is like 2 weeks older than Aikman and we were saying that we would wait until they were 2 to start but lately Monks will grab his crotch and say pee or when he goes #2 and you ask him if he popped he will grab his bottom and if he has he gone, he will go to his changing table. He grabs his diaper when he goes and lets you know. Makes me wonder if he might be ready sooner, but I don’t want to rush it in anyway. I guess we will just take it day by day! He sure would be precious in some little undies!

No comments:

Post a Comment