Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year!

So this is 7 days late but Happy New Year! We had a wonderful New Year’s Eve. Devin and Tio both had to work that night, Law Enforcement never gets holidays of course, but we still had fun before they had to leave. Gigi of course came over and we had wings, pizza and salami and cheese with crackers. Tia graciously shared her giant bag of pistachios with us and it was so cute because Aikman loved them! He would occasionally have a green crumb on his chin. Gigi made us for dessert this white chocolate popcorn and some bars with all kinds of yummy stuff in them! We all ate and then played games. We played Don’t Tip The Waiter (one of Monkey’s games but he did not mind) and the Game of Things! At 9:00 we toasted our sparkling grape juice and the girls wore tiaras and we did a countdown in the living room and we rang in the New Year! Tio and Tia then left (poor Tia had no one to drink her wine with L) and Gigi and I watched TV until ten when Devin took her home on his way to work. I was in bed by 10:20 and out by 10:30. I did wake up when everyone blew up my phone shortly after midnight and checked all my texts. Then I went back to sleep. Some might find my evening boring but spending time with family never gets old. I would not change a thing right now. I love my husband, my monkey and our baby on the way. 2011 will definitely be an unforgettable year.

No comments:

Post a Comment