Friday, January 14, 2011

Rough Night But Happy Results

Thursday was a little crazy for us but it turned out to be a great day. Wednesday night about 11:30 Monks woke up just screaming and screaming. I calmed him down and he was burning up! He had not had fever all day. I gave him some Motrin and then made the huge mistake of giving him some milk to drink. He got upset when I put him back to bed and was just crying hysterically. I picked him up and he was crying so hard he was gasping for air and started to cough and yep, threw up all over the both of us. Milky throw up does not smell too great and I was trying to undress him while not getting it on my face from my shirt and hair and it was rough. It was so sad to see him so upset and once he calmed down he stood there in his diaper with little teary eyes and pointed at Apollo and said “Paw-yoh” and then went and grabbed his Tonka truck and started pushing it around the living room all smiles. It was 12:30 and I was not really feeling playing right then. I put him back in bed and he slept for about 45 minutes and then woke up crying again. I would rock him and after about 30 minutes would lay him back down only to have the same thing happen about an hour later. At 3 he was so unhappy and I took him to bed with me (he does not like laying in big beds) and I was rubbing his back while he had his head on my stomach and sat on his knees. He was so sweet just laying on me and even fell asleep. He woke again a little while later and we went back to his room for rocking and soothing and he slept until 6 and then did not go back down until 7 and woke when Devin came in at 7:20. We decided to just keep him up. He had a popsicle for breakfast and ate it all and I got ready to take Gigi to chemo and when I left at 8:40, Monks was watching Handy Manny in bed with Daddy and he looked very sleepy. Devin went and put him in his bed and he went right to sleep. My poor exhausted monkey.

Monks had a doctor’s appointment at 3:20 that afternoon and he was so sweet waiting to see the doctor. He was playing with his cars and even told a little boy hi and stood in front of him. I don't know why I was so paranoid it was the flu even though he had his flu shot. He was swabbed for strep and thankfully that came back negative so it was just an infection in his throat and he got a prescription and stayed home with daddy again today. Devin and monks came by and surprised me at work with a new haircut! He was so sweet. He just smiled at all the girls up here but would not talk much. He was being shy. He seemed to be feeling better all ready and I look forward to a fun filled weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment