Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Monkey's Uncle

Monday night Phil decided to spend the night since Devin was off Tuesday and they stayed up late watching the Rangers game and playing Madden. I went in the room and watched Friday the 13th until about 10:30 and then called it a night. I do remember waking up at 3 and having to tell my husband and 22 year old brother they were being just a little too loud and I did not want them to wake monks. Madden is an exciting game, what can I say. Anyway, at 5:30 I heard Monks cry and so I waited a second and never heard another thing. I laid there expecting to hear a moan or talking or whining but nothing. I fell back asleep. Then at 5:50 I heard a loud cry and so I got up to check on him. As I walked down the hall I noticed monk’s light was on. I opened his door and found Phil holding monks in his chair and rocking him. He had a blanket wrapped around him and monks had his arms around his neck. They both looked at me and Phil said “How do I get this god to go back to sleep?” I said how long have you had him and he said he heard him earlier so got up to get him. I went to get his milk and changed his diaper. When I laid him back in bed Phil covered him up and he just smiled at Phil. He sure loves his uncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment