Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Look For the Bare Necessities.....

This weekend we didn’t do much. Saturday we watched Beauty and the Beast and ordered pizza and watched the Gators lose to LSU. Sunday I watched the Ravens play (Ray Lewis was almost Aikman’s dad for those of you who don’t know) and then we watched the Cowboys’ mistakes and penalties get the best of them once again. Aside from the Ravens, everyone else I was rooting for lost. Our Dish kept acting up and I would have to reset it and then I called and was on the phone for about 15 minutes and she walked me through things to try and still nothing so she says we need a new part and she can order it and then asks for my name and then after all that says I am not primary person on the account, so I can’t request new supplies. Really? That frustrates me when they do that. Anyway, so that is why during the day before Devin got home (he has magic fingers apparently and fixed it temporarily) Monks and I were on a Disney kick. Whew, like my detailed stories?? I know Andrew hates when I get super specific. Sunday when it cut out early morning, Monks and I watched Jungle Book. It was so precious. He hates to sit in your lap and be still but we were on the floor and he sat on my knee and was just watching so I got up to finish cleaning my dining room and he whined and reached for me but kept looking at the TV. Well, I am a sucker for him and just adore him so I picked him up and we sat in the chair and watched more. He just sat in my lap watching Jungle Book for nearly 30 minutes. All I could do was stare at him. He is so cute and I still have moments where I am in awe he is ours. It was so sweet, he laughed at a part in the movie! It was where Caa was trying to get Bagheera and Mowgli kicks him out of the tree and he falls to the ground and then has a knot in his tail and he tries to slither off but it gets caught in a small branch and he pulls hard and it snaps and his body piles up and gets bent. Monks laughed at that part! It was so funny.
After the 30 minutes he wanted down and I went back to cleaning. We then decided to get out our Halloween stuff. I am so late in doing this but the last few weeks have been crazy for us. I have this little guy I named Claude and I just love him. When I took him out of the box, Monks just stared at him and as I brought him closer he made this face like I know you are not putting that thing by me mom but then I said Claude is sweet and hugged him. Monks then got up and came to him and kissed him. He then had to kiss every item I took out of the tubs. We have this super creepy clown that hangs and is about 4 feet long and he does several things when he senses someone and I turned him on and he did his super ugly cackling laugh and Monks just smiled and kissed it. Some of the things he would look at at first, but once he saw you hold it or hug it, he was all about showing it some love and kissing it several times. We also have this small pumpkin we usually put in an ice chest or the fridge and its light activated so when you open the door or lid, it screams this loud, blood curdling scream. He is in love with that thing and put it in his Buzz car so when he opens the back it screams. He just laughs or smiles at it. We just hear random screams from different areas of our house.
Gigi had a cough for a few days and she had a bag of cough drops. She was on the phone with her brother and Monks grabbed the bag and was pushing it around the floor so Jenny took them from him so he would not get any and then about an hour went by and I had just given him his bath and my mom was getting ready to go home and she said I can’t find my cough drops and I said Jenny had them last I saw so we checked the dining room and could not find them anywhere and after about ten minutes of searching she called me from the room to come look so I did and she pointed to his Buzz car. That little guy had put the bag in his car! We really need to check that before bed each night just to be safe.

Claude


1 comment: