Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Thursday the 7th was my birthday. I turned 28! I wasn’t much in the mood to celebrate and nothing sounded really good to have my family cook so I finally decided Catfish Corner sounded good. Excuse me, sounded great! I love me some catfish! We had a great time and the food was amazing as usual as was the service. Those little old waitresses who smoke a lot are always so friendly and sweet. Every waitress in that place came to talk to Monks and he sure loved it. Tia took him walking around through the tables and even the other tables were talking to him and saying how sweet he was and how he was so stinking cute! He pointed at everything on the walls and looked at the fish. He also tried a piece of onion ring for the first time although he preferred the breading of it over the onion part. I think the cutest part was when Jenny had her clear salad bowl sitting on the table and he pointed at each tomato in there and she would dig it out to give to him. We finally thought they were all gone but he continued to point and we were telling him they were all gone but he continued pointing so she turned the bowl and when she dug to the bottom there was the smallest sliver of tomato and he had seen it. After she gave it to him he never pointed again. Too funny.
After dinner, we went back home for cake and ice cream and presents. We had a funfetti cake with birthday cake ice cream. I got the best gifts ever! Our family loves Halloween more than any other holiday so it works out perfect that my birthday is the beginning of the month because I always get new things to put up. I got gift cards to Target, Lane Bryant, socks, decorations, Beauty and the Beast on DVD, a Crown Royal set, and some picture frame sets. I could not have asked for a better evening. It was so much fun. It was also nice Tia and grandma were still here and able to celebrate with me. Nothing is better than family.   

No comments:

Post a Comment