Monday, July 11, 2011

Father's Day At The State Park

This was Aikman's first trip to a public pool and he loved it. He sat right in the kiddie pool and would walk on his hands and let his body float. He was so funny. It really wasn't too crowded so it was nice that we had room to play with him, even in the big pool. He thought people jumping off the high dive was so funny and he even learned to jump off the side of the pool into Devin's arms. Problem is he likes to just jump and you may not be ready. He went under several times on his own and would come up and just wipe his face. It scares me because yes I am one of those people who need to plug their nose to swim across a pool underwater much less when I jump in somewhere. He seems to know how to hold his breath though and while I panic and my heart stops, Devin praises him and lets him do it repeatedly. I know that is good, but it is scary to see him go under. I know I should not worry when he comes right up smiling. Crazy boy. He has always loved the water. I am glad for that. Plus, he had the best time and was laughing and smiling non stop.  


So excited and on our way!


Stepped right in and sat down.






Heading to big pool.....



The life jacket did not stay on long, he wanted to "sim" without it!


About to head home......snack of goldfish........


About 4 minutes after we left the park. Preciousness.



No comments:

Post a Comment