Monday, July 23, 2012

Crazy Fun Weekend Update


I need a few days to not do anything. This past weekend was full of excitement, work, anxiety and tears. It was all worth it in the end but getting there kicked my butt.

Friday I took off to finalize everything for the party and buy the food. Pippa went to the sitter’s like normal but I decided to keep my monkey home. I was worried with the weekend being all about Pippa, he might feel left out. I really don’t think he ever felt that way, but it was so nice to just spend the day with our first born. We started the morning by eating breakfast at McDonald’s. We then did our last minute shopping and he picked out Pippa’s gift. He was really excited to do it on his own and he got her the cutest little puzzle with chunky pieces that made sounds. We went to Target, Old Navy and Children’s Place. We then went to Sam’s to knock out majority of our food list. Aikman had so much fun picking out the candy for the piñata! We then headed to Chick-fil-A (his choice) for lunch. I had to run by the library for something so while I printed stuff, Aikman and Devin picked out three books for him. He loves checking out books. They all had to do with work trucks and cars, naturally. It was now about 2:15 and we headed to HEB to get the last of the items on our list. We went home and I began sorting beans, making cakes for the favors and chopping all the vegetables. Devin went to pick up Pippa about 5:45. Tia had made dinner for everyone but I had too much to do so we passed. Tia, Tio and Tia Net came over around 8:50 to help with stuff. We had an assembly line going for the favors and got them knocked out in no time. It was about 12:30 when Devin and I got in bed.

This was Pippa Friday morning before Devin took her to Tia's. 

Saturday was the party. We did not forget anything at the house; my check list came in handy! We went up to the rec center around noon to decorate. It was a pretty stressful time but most everyone came through with what they said they were going to do. Others, not so much. Oh well, live and learn right? I sure learned my lesson! With the help of family, the room and hallway was transformed into a beautiful room! I will post about the party separate. It ended up being lots of fun and I got compliments on the décor and food. Pips was beyond precious as you can imagine!  

Sunday we celebrated Big Tio’s 75th birthday! So much celebrating! Big Tio and Tia Net treated us all to lunch at Perini’s in Buffalo Gap. First, I have to say Pippa actually turned 1 on Sunday and on the drive out there, Pete was talking to her in the car and she said “Pippa!” She said it just perfect! I am not even exaggerating. We were all laughing so hard. It was so cute. He then was saying words to her to get her to say them and she would just smile or laugh and then she repeated the word “otter.” She really said it like “ot-ter” stressing that “t” sound. It was hilarious. Anyway, back to Perini’s. Man oh man, was it good! Devin and I had never been. I ordered catfish and it was perfect. Oh so good. Devin got a ribeye. I didn’t care for it, but I don’t like the marbling in a ribeye. I am a NY strip kind of girl lol Monks and Pips shared grilled chicken and green beans. We got as our side the zucchini. It was just sliced zucchini in a light meaty marinara sauce and topped with fresh mozzarella and parmesan cheese. It melted in your mouth. I would like my 30th birthday cake made of it. So freaking good. They bring you these sourdough rolls with this garlic butter type spread and they were amazing. We also had bacon wrapped jalapenos as appetizers. Delish! You also get a salad with your meal. Devin got the traditional ranch salad that had tomatoes, mushrooms and onions and it was so fresh. They have a special to celebrate Texan month or something like that and offer a caprese salad.  She said everything is local or shipped from somewhere in Texas. This salad had the best tomatoes from Clyde, fresh, thick sliced mozzarella from Ft. Worth, and fresh basil from their own herb garden. It was drizzled lightly with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt. Best thing, hands down. My mouth is really watering. I want more. I would take three plates of that for my appetizer, meal and dessert if I could. Wowzers. The atmosphere was nice. It had ceiling fans that kept you cool enough, but not like cold cold air conditioner. There were screen doors around our area and it was letting in just enough of a breeze to relax and enjoy your food. It ended up being overcast and the wind picked up a little and it was so nice. A little dark, natural cool weather, and the smell of rain. It was like eating outside minus bugs and the sun. Loved it! We then sang happy birthday to him and Tia Net put a “75” candle on his dessert. We all shared some strawberry shortcake, bread pudding and jalapeno cheesecake. Bread pudding is a texture issue for me. The taste is not gross, but I can’t eat a lot of it. Plus, this one had a Jack Daniels drizzle on it and it was strong to me. The cheesecake was great. You got the jalapeno flavor minus the heat and then the creaminess of the cheesecake. Could I be a food critic or am I just really fat? Lol. If you have never been, you need to go. It was such a nice treat. Thanks again everyone! Happy 75th Big Tio and Happy 1st my Pippa Lou’s!  


My perfect little girl!


Monks! See the screen door behind him? It was nice. 

One of my new favorite pictures. Big Tio and Tia Net with our babies. They are so good to our kids and I am so grateful to them for all they do for our families. 

Now THAT is a precious gift! 

No comments:

Post a Comment