Thursday, July 5, 2012

Kerrville Vacation!

Friday morning we headed for Kerrville for a four day vacation which included celebrating the 4th! Our four days there were beyond fun! We enjoyed: swimming, eating, shopping and celebrating in the park. We did not enjoy: Pippa’s sleep issues and how fun filled family vacations make for crazy babies. We I ate so much and my mouth still waters when I think of the lasagna, burgers and chile relleno.

The kids had a blast swimming. Aikman has become such a great swimmer and loves to jump off the edge of the pool by himself. We swam every day and the water was perfect. We even ventured over to Gramita’s pool complete with mini waterfalls. Watching Aikman jump from the edge into the pool reminded me so much of how Pete and Phil used to love her pool. It was like déjà vu. Too cute. My Pips just chilled in the water and enjoyed laying on her floatie on her back so much that she almost fell asleep! It was the cutest thing to see. Adrian had lots of fun too although he would much rather splash and be held than be contained in a floatie. Can’t blame him!

Food played a huge part in our enjoyment as it always does. Big Tia made us a delicious Mexican lasagna with rice and beans and a seven layer dip. We ate a ham that melted in your mouth complete with potato casserole, coleslaw and vegetables fresh from their garden. We ate Fuddruckers and Mamacitas, which speak for themselves. Even her chili dogs with chips and dip were amazing. Snacks and drinks galore plus such great desserts. Breakfasts consisted of bacon, eggs and blueberry pancakes and homemade sausage biscuits. We also ate at a place called El Sombrero on the way out of town and wow. New favorite place. I am a little mad they have lived there so long and this was the first time we tried it! Best chile relleno hands down I have ever eaten. Funny story. When we sat down I asked Monks what he wanted to eat, assuming he would say rice, beans, a bee-toe etc. He turns to me and says I want soup! I said um, what kind of soup and he says broccoli soup. He wanted broccoli and cheese soup. Really? So random.

We headed to San Antonio one day to do some shopping at the Mercado. I bought Pippa a little Mexican dress with sunflowers (Gigi loved them) and this little Mexican doll. I used to have some when I was little and I don’t know what ever happened to them so I got my Pips one. Tia Net bought me a new Loteria aka Mexican bingo. So fun. She also bought Aikman this big blow up Spiderman he just had to have apparently. J We bought Aikman this truck that lights up and drives and spins and plays this Mexican music and then basses. So typical. He loves it and you can’t help but dance when that music starts. It’s hilarious.

Our children went a little insane at times while there. Aikman had an attitude a few times but after some talking to and a sore little butt, he was good to go. My Pips apparently hated sleeping while we were there. It was so frustrating because I have never had any sleep issues with either of my kids. They would drink their bottle and go to sleep. She would just scream when you put her in the playpen. Crying it out did not work with her due to the fact that either Adrian (along with all of Oak Hollow) was asleep and we didn’t want to wake them and the fact that she is just persistent and until you do what she wants, there is no backing down on her part. She had to be rocked in there at night. The first night was the worst. She woke up as soon as Devin and I got in bed and had to be rocked. She woke up a few hours later and I had to put her in bed with us. She woke up again and I had to rock her and then finally after waking at 4, I decided to buckle her in her car seat and give her a bottle and rock her from the bed in it. Took 30 minutes and then she was out. Both my kids were up at 6. Wow. Naps weren’t much smoother although she did sleep some after swimming without a fight. Aikman and Pippa never slept past 7:15 the whole time we were there. Monday night when we were back home, she went right to sleep and slept until 9:30 Tuesday morning. 9:30. Such a little toot! Guess she did not want to miss anything.

Regardless of any frustrating times I had, the good for sure outweighed anything bad and I would do it all again in a heartbeat! It was so much fun to just get away and enjoy the family. Thanks again so much to Big Tio and Tia Net for allowing us to bring our bunch and spend time with you all. You opened up your home and your pantry to us and we are beyond grateful. We love spending time with you all and sharing all the laughs. Our kids just adore you all and it’s not hard to see why.




Taking a bath in Tia Net's huge tub.
 
Pips and Adrian playing.
 


This was on the way home. We stopped at a Stripes in Brady and after a diaper change she hung out in front with me while Devin and Monks bought snacks inside. She got mad at me in the last pic because I would not give her her snacks yet. Chubs.
      

             
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment