Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pippa's Party-Decorations

My whole idea was centered around a cupcake theme and the colors red, brown and pink. I wanted to make it girly by using tulle, tissue poms and lanterns everywhere. I had several lanterns we didn't get to hang and some tissue flowers as well, but it still turned out beautiful. Our entry way featured a tulle arch with lanterns and poms and the giant picture of Pippa on an easel. The picture was beyond perfect!



  


Her gifts were set in a chest Devin refinished and painted and it looked perfect! She ended up getting so many gifts that they did not fit but they still looked absolutely perfect around it. The balloon bouquet added a fun touch. 



Her cake table was one of my favorite things. Jerolyn helped me make that banner on her Cricut and it was amazing! The cake was done by Kendra at Parlor Baking. It was white cake in one tier with strawberry in the other. She also made us 3 dozen cookies and decorated them by hand. This chick is talented. It was all iced with cream cheese icing she smoothed to look like fondant. It tasted as great as it looked. I was so excited when I found those napkins at Party Bag. Can you say perfect? 





I made this little Pippa timeline. We went from birth to 12 months. Jerolyn also made those circles with the numbers. Crazy to see how much my Pips changed over the year. 


Sigh. This was our "photo area". Devin and Jenny made it look awesome. I loved it. I never got close enough to see the holes. I know you must think wow, you're an idiot, they are bigger than a small child, but do you really think I would have let pictures be taken there? Huge regret. I cropped most of the pics so they still look great but one of my favorite's with just Aikman can't be fixed sadly. The whole point of this area was to have each guest, individually or as a family, write a message to Pippa on her birthday on a chalkboard and then I would make a little book for her and that would be a keepsake from this special time. Didn't quite turn out the way I had planned, but oh well. Everyone looks happy in their picture for my Pips. 


I went with a Mexican food type theme. We had a full taco bar, beans, nachos and individual seven layer dip cups. I got several compliments on the food and it was set up so nice. I loved how it all turned out. Our tables were decorated with clay pots with pics of Pips mod podged on them. (Thank you Devin) They turned out excellent and looked great on the tables with chips and salsa. Our favors were cake pops in push up containers. Etsy is awesome I tell you! Jerolyn also made the sign on the favor table that says "that takes the cake!" How clever is that? Party's over, here's your favor, it's cake! Pure genius! Yes, the littlest things excite me. I would say the favors were the hit of the party! We also had bottled water in a red tub on our drink table, along with raspberry lemonade and tea. I went with the mason jars to dress up things a little. They were perfect! I also ordered paper straws from Etsy in her party colors. Easy yet super cute touch! 


















No comments:

Post a Comment