Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Weekend Update

This weekend was very busy! I had so much to do! My weekend started early. I was at work Friday at 12:30 when Tio calls me and says can I bring you the kids, I need to take Jenny to the hospital. I immediately freaked and gathered my things, told my Captain I was leaving and headed out! I met them in front of the building and took all three kids. I took them home and fed them lunch. We played and then it was time for naps. Long story short, Tio and Tia did not leave the ER until 9:30 that night! She had a ruptured cyst apparently and after tests, drawing blood and a CT scan, she was written a prescription and told to follow up with her doctor. Scary, but she was okay and just a little sore after. Adrian ended up just spending the night (why wake him when he is sound asleep) and he went home the next morning. I had a great time with him and really enjoy my precious nephew.

Saturday and Sunday was spent doing party stuff. Pippa’s party is in two weeks! Actually 11 days. Wow. I need to get my butt in gear. All day was spent running around in 100 degree weather doing stuff. I had a few things to finish making and so a girl I used to work with came over to help me. We are doing a Mod Podge craft for the centerpieces. Mod Podge kicked my ass. Seriously. I have never hated anything more than it. I ruined four pots with it. Know who is a pro at it and did them all for me? Devin. Yep. Devin. I was in tears at times and ready to just give up. As ugly words exited my mouth, Devin sat calmly putting the pictures on. It was so much trial and error and mostly error on my part. I can say with a sigh of relief that I still hate Mod Podge, but the centerpieces look amazing! On to the next task! I am telling you I really go crazy when party time rolls around. We did enjoy a fun family breakfast Sunday morning at Cracker Barrel with a gift card I had received from my Lieutenant on Secretaries Day. Monks and Pips shared pancakes and then we headed off to do more party stuff. I came up to work Sunday afternoon while everyone napped to finish some stuff and use the paper cutter. Pete called me that he had got off work early and wanted to come over. I told him I would pick him up on my way home. Tio was working so I talked to him as I cut stuff out. I picked up Pete at quarter til six and headed home. Everyone was still asleep so we woke them up. We got dressed and all went to dinner together. Pete treated us to dinner at Lytle Land and Cattle. It was sooo good. We got bacon wrapped jalapenos for an appetizer and I really could have just ordered those and been fine. Monks ate all my bacon off of them, but even with just a jalapeno and the cream cheese, they were like heaven in my mouth. Pips loved the cherry tomatoes from our salads and their wheat bread they bring you. I ate chicken thighs with a baked potato, Monks had a corndog and fries, Devin had the Abilenian (a big ribeye) with fries and Pete had a filet mignon with a skewer of bacon wrapped shrimp. His steak was amazing. It seriously melted in your mouth. Great, now I want some. We then left there and headed to Primetime so the guys could play in the arcade. They all had so much fun. It was nearly 10 when we headed home. We went to walk out and it was pouring rain. I mean seriously pouring. We waited a few minutes but it was not letting up. We had to suck it up. Devin ran to get the car, Pete carried Monks and Pips and I waited inside. The water in the parking lot came to their ankles. Their ankles! I put the diaper bag over Pippa’s head when Devin pulled up on the curb and she held me tight and buried her face in my chest. It was so sweet! Devin put her in and I folded up the stroller and put it in the back. Needless to say we got pretty wet in that short time. It was lots of fun though! Monks loved it and there was lightning everywhere. We then headed to Sonic for ice cream and headed home. The kids had a great time. It was about 1:20 when Devin took Pete home. I had been working on birthday stuff when they left. I think it was about 1:45 when I got in bed and Devin came to bed about 2:15. My alarm went off at 6:30. Lol. I am honestly not tired today though. It was such a fun evening and we are very thankful to Pete for the amazing dinner.
Jalapeno Poppers
Eating maters


At Primetime
Pete and Devin were playing a hunting game and Monks grabbed a gun from the game next to them to try and play. How sweet is that?





No comments:

Post a Comment