Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Update!


This was my last weekend before the party! I can’t wait! Friday was spent doing little things here and there and pulling out all my lanterns and getting them sorted. We did get a picture made at Office Max. Omg, go there if you need something! I bought a 24 X 36 black and white picture for $3.90. I had planned on framing it at Hobby Lobby and knew that would be an EASY $60 if I went cheap. Office Max will mount it on a board so it can stand by itself for $20.00. I got a huge picture of Pips for under $25. Talk about a bargain and I don’t want to give it away but just wait until you see it at her party. I squeal with excitement when I think about it! After the kids were in bed and Devin left for work, I went over my checklist again to double check everything, went through pictures for my Pippa timeline and made some poms.

Saturday morning after breakfast we went to Party Bag to give the lady the address for the Rec Center and take my balloons in I had ordered. I bought some cake plates and spoons. Monks and I had fun looking at stuff. Pippa just chilled in her stroller. We then headed to Hobby Lobby for some elastic and glue dots. Those things are so cool and easy to use. We grabbed Chick-fil-A and headed home. After naps, we went to Lowe’s for some hardware for a chest Devin is redoing for the party. After a few stores, we went to Wholly Cow for dinner. We had not been in like a month and Monks loves it. We had fun eating but they were in the process of putting in a new A/C so it was not exactly cool in there. I can eat a burger sweating. Lol. It is that good.

Sunday we went to breakfast at IHOP. Monks was looking over the menu and pointed to this meal with 5 mini pancakes, eggs and a slice of bacon. He said that was what he wanted. He loved it. He did share a pancake with Pippa and ate one of my sausages. We then went over to Wal-Mart to get some spray paint. His new thing is, anytime we go to a store, he asks “I please go look at cars and trucks for my birthday?” I always tell him if he is a good boy while we shop, we can go just look and he always says “oh thank you momma.” Lol. He will point to random things and say I would like this for my birthday or I please get this for my birthday? I always tell him we will see and he thanks me again. We went home, cleaned the whole house, Devin finished the chest and I finalized some pics. About 7, Devin said let’s get out of the house to go get a drink from Sonic. We went to load up and he asked where the keys were. I said I have no clue. We then spent 20 minutes looking everywhere we could possible look. We even looked in the fridge. We had taken out about 2 bags of trash plus a box full of scraps and all this trash I had from making some of the decorations. Devin said I bet we threw them away on accident. I then went out to the dumpster and began a search. Yes, I dug in the dumpster. It was so nasty. The smell was insane. Luckily, our trash was on top and so I ripped through the bags and dumped out the box. I found nothing. I could not reach anymore so had to call off the search. I go in and clean up and we leave to get a drink. At Sonic, I was telling Devin omg, what will we do? Luckily we have an extra car key, but it had a house key, Mike and Jenny’s key, Pete and Phil’s key and two other keys on it! The idea of not knowing was killing me! As we wait for our drinks, Aikman tells Devin daddy, daddy. Devin asks him what and he says I see keys. Devin said what? He said I see keys. Devin got out of the car and we both were like yeah right and goes to the back and Aikman points and says right there! Devin looks behind the seat and sure enough lifts up our keys! It all made sense. When I turned off the car, I did not grab the keys because I remember Devin saying really just gonna leave the keys in the ignition? I had grabbed his set of keys to unlock the door with and grabbed some bags. (We start the car first to turn on the air and then lock the house door with his set of keys) I walked in and he got both kids down. Apparently he set the keys down when he helped Monks unbuckle and as he grabbed Pippa. Ugh, mystery solved. I was so happy. Then I remembered I dug in the trash for nothing. Eww. 

No comments:

Post a Comment