Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year!


We brought in the New Year with a bang! We went over to Mike and Jenny’s and it just so happened Mike and Devin were off that night! That is a first! Pete worked during the day so he was off in the evening and Phil worked and had to close, but still managed to get there about 8:30ish. Jennifer came over too along with her boyfriend/fiancée Kirk. Jenny cooked us a great feast! We had queso, buffalo chicken tacos, Mexican eggrolls, green chile sliders, a veggie tray, sausage, cheese and crackers and two desserts! A cheesecake dip and oatmeal raisin cookies. Jennifer brought a yummy potato casserole. We ate a lot and then played games. We played Bezzerwizzer and Loaded Questions. We put the babies (well small toddlers) to bed about 8:15 and then Monks stayed up until about 9:30. We bought some sparkling grape juice for him and so he toasted everyone before bedtime. He drank 3 little glasses! Lol. Everyone had some beer and Tio had to bust out his Wild Turkey while Kirk brought over a bottle of Crown Royal Maple. I never tried it since it smelled like straight maple syrup but the guys seemed to enjoy it. I was content with my one Miller Lite. Before we knew it, it was 11:50 and we had to get the champagne out! We all got a glass and went and counted down! Happy New Year! Another memorable holiday for us. Jen and Kirk left about 12:35 and we all got on the couches about 2:00. I know I say it all the time but nothing beats family, food and fun! Hope you have a great 2013! 

See Monks' mini wine glass? I used to use that at Thanksgiving when I was younger. 
Toasting it up!
He looks so old here just chilling with the boys. 
I have to admit my eyes look a little glossy here but I promise you I only had one beer.
Jenny with her serious face lol She also has on Pippa's hot pink bow. 
Kirk and Jennifer

I never saw this pic until a few days ago. Already a little beer slave. Lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment