Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Baby Is Starting School!


This needed its own post. Pray for me Friday. My baby boy will start school. Yes, school. Where do I even begin? I had been looking online for a while now and we had talked about wanting him to do something part time to get used to it and kind of see how things go for him before starting actual Pre-K next year.  I found a school through a church I really liked. Their curriculum was real, they treated it like actual school and they had several different options of how often he could go. We went up to the school yesterday morning and met with the director. She said they had one spot for the Monday, Wednesday and Friday classes from 8:30 to noon. The other times they offer are 8:30 to 2:30 but she told me basically from noon until 2:30 they nap so that I would be paying for a nap then. Next year that will be fine but to start out we will just do half days. She gave me a calendar with holidays and events on it and a supply list. Seriously? I about died! My monkey has supplies he needs. She also said since it is halfway through the year that he won’t need the markers, crayons, scissors and glue and other small things like that. This part sent me over the edge-I got his uniform! They have polos they wear and normally they are $20 a piece, but she said that they had extras so she just gave us two. I don’t think I stopped smiling! We had a tour of the place and saw his classroom and everything in it. She said his two teachers were huge Pinterest fans and do several activities with the kids from there. Um, new best friends. Monkey was so excited in the classroom too pointing out stuff and telling me “hey check this out!” We also met his class and he was all smiles as some of the kids waved to him. I filled out the paperwork and Monks sat by me and he wasn’t shy and he talked to the director and the assistant. Another mom came in with a baby on her hip and Monks said, “aww momma, did you see that baby? He looks like Adrian! He is so sweet!” They all thought that was adorable and I told them Adrian was his cousin. We paid our registration fee and set up an automatic draft for his monthly fees. He seems so excited about it and I can’t wait! I will come in late Friday after I drop him off and being his first day I will take a late lunch to pick him up and take him home. I have to hear about his day! Mrs. Morgan will be taking and picking him up twice a week so she is going with me to see how it all works and meet his teachers so they are familiar with her as well. We can’t wait! The director told me his first class is music class! He has music class! Sigh. I am a mess. Lol. Mostly excited but also a little nervous about it all. I know he will amaze me and fit right in but I still worry. I know this will be great for him though. He also has to take lunch daily and so I will be making lunches! I feel like that is every mother’s dream! Okay, well one of mine at least. I have already been looking at my favorite blogs to get ideas for fun meals and I feel like I need to order everything from the Bento Box collections. As we walked out of the building and to the car I said “Omg, I can’t believe it babe! Our baby boy is starting school!” Devin just laughed. I immediately took a picture of his shirt and texted it to everyone. I am so proud! I began looking at the schedule she gave me and I said “omg, he has spring pictures next month! He has graduations! He has parties! I will be that mom who takes off a couple of hours to help with their child’s school party! I will be making goodie bags and snacks and…” I was interrupted by Devin telling me he needed a second job now. Lol. I so can’t wait for it all! I have already received two emails this morning about upcoming events. Hello school emails! Looks like we go school supply shopping tomorrow night…..

Swoon! He has a yellow one also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment