Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Weekend Update


I think Pippa was having some issues with her teeth. They all seem to be in, but maybe they cut through a little more? She ran fever starting Thursday night and I had to hold her all night and rock her. Friday, Ms. Morgan said she had fever and she gave her Motrin during the day. She said she cuddled all day with her. When I got home, she was sitting on the couch in her lap. Fast forward to nighttime and she had a hard time going to sleep. Finally, after crying here and there, she was out. I heard her at 10:30 and had to rock her. I would get her to sleep and try to lay her down. She woke up each time. I thought I would just let her cry it out, knowing she was exhausted and would just go to sleep, but all she did was wake up Monks and make Apollo howl. I put Aikman in my room and went to rock her. Next thing I knew, it was 9:15 Saturday morning and Pips was in my lap just staring at me. Monks was still sound asleep in my room and Devin was with him. I never even heard Devin come in at 7. We got up and ate breakfast and Monks came running in the kitchen. He ate three bowls of Fruity Pebbles which he calls “Froofy Petals.” He can say fruity and he can say pebbles but when forced to combine them, it comes out like that. Silly boy. We ate and then played and around 11:00, Tia and Adrian came over. The kids all played and then we fed them lunch. Pippa took a really good nap and woke up at 6:10! Poor girl. She had no more fever or issues after that nap. Monks was a good boy all day so while Devin put Pippa to bed, we went to get some dessert! He wanted “an ice cream cone with white ice cream in it.” We went to McDonalds and he got one. He loved it. He had a little ice cream goatee going on, but it was worth it.

Sunday we woke up and Monks requested Daddy make sausage and eggs for breakfast. After a great breakfast, we got showered and dressed to go to a few stores. We went to Big Lots to buy a pan, Dollar Tree to buy some Valentine stickers and HEB for a few things. We then went home and hung out around the house. I made spaghetti for dinner and the kids tore it up. Aikman had four servings and Pips had three! We also had a salad with it, but the kids like to just pick the stuff out. After dinner we went to get dessert. We went by Jack N Jill to get Pips a doughnut with cherry icing and Devin got a cappuccino. Monks got an ice cream cone from Sonic and I got a caramel mocha frozen drink. It was so good. We drove around listening to music for a little while and then it was home to get ready for bed! Nothing too exciting but Christmas stuff did get put away and we organized some closets. Being productive is nice.
Pips pushing around her fox in her cart
Look at her sitting there! 
Every Hot Wheel Monks owns. He has a chest full of other cars,  but we wanted only Hot Wheels. I wanted to count them but didn't feel like thinking that much. Lol. 
Pips in her bunny ears
A bunny doing "pretty girl"
This is Monks taking a nap. He sleeps with his hands behind his head and he set all those animals on  himself and then went to sleep. Nothing like napping with Bob the tomato, a few lions, dogs and monkeys on your chest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment