Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Long Weekend Update


Saturday Tio, Pete and Phil came over. We all hung out with the kids and then Devin woke up at noon and we went to have lunch at Wholly Cow. How awesome is that place? I had a burger in a lettuce wrap with onions, tomatoes and pickles. After a delicious lunch, the boys went home to get ready for work and Tio stayed with us. We went to the park by the zoo to feed the ducks and then to play at the park at Bassetti Elementary. It was then home for naps and Tio left to go to work. We hadn’t hung out in a few days and had lots of fun laughing and catching up. 

Pips making a tower. 
Aikman and I made a plane. He also told me at one point "momma, can you please help my sister make something?" Lol. 
Looking at Tio
Okay, so that is bird poop. We had just got in the car and  I had not turned it on yet. My window was down maybe four inches. Talk about aim. We were all talking and then I felt this wet hit my arm and I was like what the heck and then I said something wet just got on me. I went to wipe my arm (just a small splatter thank God) and saw the wheel! Are you kidding me?? Everyone was laughing as I began soaking my napkins in hand sanitizer to clean it! Damn birds, see if I ever feed you again! 



This was at Bassetti. How cute are they?
Look at the difference! That first pic was 11 months ago. Not babies anymore!




Sunday we had a yummy breakfast and then it was off to the park! The weather was so nice so we walked around the track/trail by the park and then went to play. The kids had lots of fun playing and swinging. Aikman loves running around and climbing on stuff and Pippa is becoming quite the little adventurer. She loves going down slides but you have to be right there by her or she will go down on her own and you have to remind her to sit on her bottom before she goes. She wasn’t sitting all the way once and slid down sideways and her boot skidded along the side. She didn’t cry but yelled/grunted her angry sound. I think it just made her mad she didn’t go as fast. We then went to get our bubbles out of the car to blow and we noticed the Festival Gardens was open. It is the big park across from the zoo that you rent for parties and it has a playground, a kitchen, volleyball, benches, huge slab of concrete and several places with picnic tables to eat at. Tio and Tia had their rehearsal dinner there. We went in, blew bubbles and then had a snack and then played. Aikman had never played there before and he said “oooh, this one is fan-ceeeeey!” Lol. What 3 year old says fancy? He loves climbing ladders and those twirly ladders and I would joke with him that I wasn’t sure he could do it, that he might be too small and he would show me and say see I did it! He loves to show off. When he would climb up something, he would say “I’m a superhero, I’m a superhero!” but he did it to this weird beat and kind of sang it as he walked around moving his shoulders up and down. Sweet boy. Pippa had lots of fun there too and loved playing on the slides. She went down one and Devin wasn’t quite there yet and she slid off. She whined but didn’t cry. She is so cute walking around and climbing stuff on her own. I love how independent they both are. We went home in the afternoon and put the kids down for naps. They woke up, we hung out and had dinner and Pete came over to watch the game with us. 


In an airplane

Blowing bubbles. Sorry it is so dark. 
Eating cheez its. Look at him eating the crumbs. Just like daddy lol 

Adorable!

Monday was a holiday for me so I was so excited to have one more day with everyone. We woke up and after a breakfast of scrambled egg whites with mushrooms and cilantro (may sound like a weird combo, but was AMAZING) we began to do some cleaning! We did normal cleaning and got caught up on laundry but then we decided to clean out our kitchen cabinets! We got rid of so much stuff and did a deep cleaning of things. Nothing like cleaning the top of your fridge to make you feel gross. It was then lunchtime and we headed back to Festival Gardens for a picnic! Devin and I had turkey sandwiches while the kids had peanut butter with sprinkles. We had all kinds of fruit, applesauce, baked chips, water and veggie sticks! Unfortunately it was so cold with the wind! Didn’t seem that bad when we walked out of our house, but sitting under the covered patio eating was so cold! Poor Monks shivered a few times and we decided we had to leave. No play time. We did go to Lowe’s and priced stuff for some projects and then home for naps. We grilled that evening and it was so good. We made pork chops, baked potatoes and shish kabobs. They had zucchini, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes on them. The kids had hot dogs but ended up eating pork chops as well. We also made broccoli and mac and cheese for the kids. Everyone enjoyed themselves! I love that my kids love veggies. We then did baths and read a few books. I always wish my weekends were longer but I am still grateful for that quality time with my three little loves. 


Applesauce, sandwich, grapes
Sandwich, oranges, grapes, a pickle and a smoothie
Monks played with Apollo while Devin grilled. 


My plate! 

Crazy boy

No comments:

Post a Comment