Thursday, June 6, 2013

Here's To An Awesome 8 Years...

Tuesday was June 4, our wedding anniversary. We have been married for eight years! It really doesn't seem like that long to us though. We sure have had our moments that tested us, but I know with everything we have been through, we wouldn't have made it without each other. When I am weak he is strong and vice versa. He is my absolute best friend. Of course one of our greatest accomplishments as husband and wife has been our children. We have created an amazing family and have so much to be grateful for. Things haven't changed much (relationship wise) in the last eight years and I don't plan on letting them change in the future. We still act like teenagers in love at times and always make time for each other. I get told how beautiful I am and how much I am loved and appreciated daily. No one makes me laugh like he does. I love how we know everything about each other and when we watch The Newlywed Game, we both take turns giving our answers and 99% of the time, we get them right. 

We didn't exchange gifts, just our normal cards--one sweet and one nasty. The funny thing was both our nasty cards had rabbits on them! Lol. What are the odds! 

We had chicken for dinner and then watched our wedding video with our kids. It was the first time they had seen it. It is hard to watch at times, but I remember every detail from that day and it was one of the best days of my life. It was everything I could have hoped for. So many wonderful memories. So many laughs. So many tears. Aikman had a hard time recognizing Tio at times as he didn't have his beard. He thought G-Bo was Tio several times. 
Sweetest thing ever. I was laying on the floor on my stomach looking up and Monks was sitting by me. When he first saw me, he said, "momma, you look so pretty!" He told me that several times throughout the video. I also cried at several parts and he noticed my tears and leaned towards me and rubbed my back. Precious boy! He did make us laugh because at the end, he said he was very sad he wasn't there with us. I tried explaining to him that it was a long time before he was born, but he said he was still sad. We then had some ice cream and then took baths! 

Thanks again babe for this awesome life together. We are beyond blessed! I love you more than anything! Here's to eight more!

Our first kiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment