Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Random Stories & Pics

After Monks met Ya-Ya, Pete’s new kitten, he is obsessed with him. That first night in the bath he asked me if he could get a kitty. I said no without hesitation. I think that surprised him a little. He asked me why and I explained he had a dog and we didn’t need a kitty. He went on to ask if he could have a pet crocodile. I said no. He asked about a shark. I again said no. Leopard was next to which my response was, you guessed it, um, no. I had to explain to him how those are wild animals and people don’t have the room or equipment to care for a wild animal and that it is not fair to the animal to be locked up. I had to throw in there about how zoos are the exception and they copy their habitats so he wouldn’t freak out the next time we went to the zoo. Lol. He then sat there and looked up and asked if he could have a fish. I said that might work, but just one. He said that was fine. He told me he wanted a blue fish. I said we would talk to daddy and see. He then said no, wait, I want a red crab! I laughed and said we would see. Crazy thing.

The other day when I was getting dressed, I was facing away from Aikman and he commented on my tattoo on my lower back. I know he has seen it before but he just never really asks. He then said, “momma, why do you have that big thing on our butt?” Okay, well it’s not huge and it’s not my butt lol but I said, “because when mommy was younger she wanted one and got it there so not many people would see it.” He said oh. He then said, “that is so silly of you to do momma!” and he just shook his head. I told him I hoped he felt that way in the future as well.


We were finishing dinner at the table one evening and Aikman said he wanted to go swimming! I said okay, let’s finish eating first. He smiled at me with that sweet smile and said he wanted Pippa, me and Daddy to go too. I said okay, it will be a family affair! He said, “I just love my family so much momma. I love daddy and I love you and I love Pippa. My two best girls! Momma and Pippa, you’re my best girls right?” I said you know it! He gave me a thumbs up. Precious boy. 

Monks watching Cars 2 one evening as I loaded the dishwasher. He had his bowl of popcorn in his lap and his green cup in his cup holder. 
Helping me make "dinner." Look at that face! 
Sweet girl

No comments:

Post a Comment