Monday, June 10, 2013

My Precious Baby Boy

The other night, Aikman helped me tuck Pippa in. We both told her goodnight, gave her kisses and covered her up. It was starting to rain and I don’t know if the sound was scaring her or if it was the dark or what but that child got up about 8 times from her bed. Aikman and I thought we had her down for good and we went outside to watch the lightning. He and I sat outside for a good 5 minutes and then headed in. She was standing in the hallway entrance just crying. We took her back to bed and Monks said he thought she was scared. He was so sweet because he was playing with her hair just talking to her in the softest voice. I said well she doesn’t need to be scared, it is just rain outside. He then asked me, yes ASKED me, if he could pray for her. I said of course. He told me he didn’t really know what to say and so I told him to just talk to God and ask him for what he wanted. He asked for Pippa not to be scared and to keep her safe and not let her cry and have sweet dreams. She was calming down but still a little pouty. I said she would be fine and I needed to unload and load the dishwasher. We went to walk out and she began to get upset. He told me, “momma, you go, I will lay with her so she will be fine.” I thanked him for that and held back my tears. How sweet is he??? I am not sure if he laid with her or just sat by her, but about 5 minutes later, he came out and said, “I think I got her to sleep. Can me help you now?” He helped me and I thanked him for helping Pippa. I told him what a great big brother he was and he kind of just shrugged like yeah, I am. Lol. We then sat outside again in front to watch the rain. He would occasionally say how he hoped she was okay and he just sat there like a little man. When did my baby become the most grown up, sweet little boy he is? He really has the sweetest heart. He may bug Pips sometimes, but he adores her. He loves his whole family so much.


My sweet boy believes in the power of prayer already. He prays nightly for Lucas and our house to sell and anything else that is going on at the time. He used to pray for Phil’s foot after he hurt it at work and when it was all better, he was so thrilled since he had been praying for it! He would tell me “and I don’t have to pray for Phil’s foot anymore because it is all better! My prayers helped him!” So he gets so excited when his prayers are answered. Sometimes when I ask him to do stuff, he will tell me “but I’m just a little boy” and so now, he knows that no matter how small he is, God is always with him and even though he is JUST a little boy, he is capable of so much! It really was a confidence boost for my little guy and he loves it! So once again, God answered his prayers and helped Pippa to sleep soundly and not be scared. I am so proud of my sweet boy and how he is growing up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment