Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Kerrville Day 2

The day of the funeral we woke up and got ready and met at the church. I was pleased with how the kids behaved. Pips had one moment where she cried when I didn’t let her leave the pew, but I knew she would stop soon, so I didn’t take her out. It lasted maybe a minute. We then went into a reception hall for a brunch. We had sandwiches, deviled eggs, fruit, chips, dips and desserts. It was all very yummy and the kids enjoyed running around on a stage at the back of the room. We then headed out for the cemetery at Ft. Sam Houston where my grandfather is buried. Gramita’s ashes were buried in the same spot. We had a nice little service out there and then had the most wonderful balloon release to honor her. Each of her children had a balloon and we took one for my mom and dad also. All the grandchildren had one of a certain color and the great grandchildren too! Pete was even given one for Lucas! THAT was so sweet. We watched them float away and up to heaven! We rejoice below; they rejoiced above! We then got home in time to change and get ready for our pool party and meal! Big Tio and Tia Nette reserved their pool house and their neighbors were so generous and prepared a potluck style meal for us! The tables were all set and the most yummy foods were set out! My absolute fav was the chip style strips with the parmesan cheese and spices. TO DIE FOR! I ate the leftovers on the way home the next day. The WHOLE gallon size Ziploc bag! Lol. Anyone looking for a birthday present come October for me? Make me those. We all ate and swam and toasted a small cup of Mogen David to honor Gramita. I don’t know how she drank it. Lol. So gross. It was her favorite though! We then swam some more and called it a night around 9. We headed back to the cabins and the guys had bedtime kid duty and Tia and I hit up the hot tub! We enjoyed a good 30 minutes in there and then walked around talking. It felt weird to me not having Gramita around at random times. We sure did celebrate her though and I know she would have wanted us to! She also advised us not to wear black at her funeral ever so we all opted for brighter colors. That's just how the Anderson/Silva/Cafferty/Garcia fams roll though. :) 

My sweet girl! Stylish as ever
Beautiful Silva fam
About to eat
I love this pic of us. We were both sweaty so our hair frizzed. 
My boy Adrian! 
About to release....

We love you Gramita!!! Thanks for everything! 


Tiny dots in the sky.....
My chips! Taco casserole, chicken strips, potato salad, salad, a quiche type casserole....the food went on and on
Brisket that was awesome! 
Wings, baked beans, green bean casserole and homemade rolls that were out of this world. 
Awesome banana pudding, cake for Jenny's birthday....



No comments:

Post a Comment