Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter Bunny!

Good Friday I took off and we spent the day together as a family, just the three of us. We woke up, ate breakfast and headed to the mall for our pictures with the Easter Bunny! Of course once we get there, it is on break, but that gave us time to look at Payless and walk around some. The Bunny was also walking in the mall and Monks got to see him before he got up there and started pointing and asking what is that? What is that? So we told him who he was and when you ask Monks what the bunny says he says hop, hop, hop. Seriously what sound does a bunny make?? That was the best I could teach him. Anyway, the bunny went back to his seat and a line was forming so we went to get our place. In line Aikman was so excited and it made me so happy. He would say bunny or point or laugh and say hop hop and even told this little sweet boy in front of us hi several times. It was finally our turn. We walked up there and Devin picked up Aikman and went to set him on the bunny’s lap and when the bunny reached for him his laughter and smile stopped and he began to scream! I mean scream and started crying even! I was in shock. He held so tight to Devin and the sweetest yet saddest thing was he was yelling for me. All I heard between cries was momma, momma, momma. My poor boy! Devin tried to calm him and even was touching the bunny himself to show him it was okay but it was not happening this time. They took four different shots and in one Monks had the most scared look on his face and poor Devin’s shirt was being pulled so tightly by Aikman. He was holding on for dear life. I will never forget that experience and I have a feeling neither will Monks. He still looks sweet to me. Sorry for the crappy scan lol I am not very good with technology.


After our traumatic experience, we had lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and then went shopping. We hit up a few stores in the mall, Academy, Sam’s and Target. The afternoon ended with a snow cone (blue colada with cream is pure heaven) and Monks falling asleep in the car on the way home. It was a long day full of terror, excitement, laughs and great food.

No comments:

Post a Comment