Friday, April 29, 2011

Grillin & Chillin

Saturday we slept in and Devin did not have class since it was Easter weekend! I was so excited. I miss Saturdays as a family L We went grocery shopping and bought way too many yummy things to eat. Devin decided he wanted to grill that night and so I texted everyone to come over! As we left Wal-Mart, he saw the little plastic pools and decided Monks needed one. It had been in the high 90’s and so I told him to get the biggest one so I could fit in there with him. He needs adult supervision right?? We got home mid afternoon and after Monks nap, I got him ready to go outside. His pool was all ready to go for him and the grill had been started. I put on his hat thinking it would be a battle to keep it on, Gigi was the only one good at distracting him and making him wear it, so I was shocked when he kept it on the whole time and would even point at it and say my hat without touching it. He loved that hat! My boy is growing up. I set him in the pool and since it had only been full for about an hour, it was still cold and he whined at first but then started splashing. Crazy Apollo could not stay away and kept coming to drink some of the pool water which made Monks laugh hysterically. We did have fun dumping water on Apollo’s back. I went in to start on some sides for our dinner and I hear Aikman just laughing and splashing so loud. I heard Devin too. I went back out and that dog was in his pool with him! He had grassy paws and was trying to lay down in it. I yelled at him and he ran out. I then made Devin clean out the grass with a net. You leave the boys alone and look what you get. J Too funny. We had so much fun playing in the water and sitting by the grill. We also, as part of Monk’s Easter present, bought him a small table from Sam’s. He is in love with that thing and will eat some meals at it or just play and play with toys on it. Devin brought it outside for him to sit at and he had a blast.



Loves his chalk!


The Wet Bandit


Our yummy dinner being prepared!


Best Face Ever. I love this guy I tell ya!

Yeah so I just noticed I have no pics of him in the pool, those were taken with my phone. My bad.

1 comment: