Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I'm Cleaning Out My Closet

Sunday we cleaned out what will be Olivia’s room. Her closet was packed full of stuff and junk and more stuff mixed with some more junk. We were going through some Rubbermaid tubs and I found my graduation cap. We put it on Monks and how precious does he look?? Little future valedictorian there! He makes me laugh because he hates hats, like baseball caps and cute floppy beach hats but will wear a sombrero or a graduation cap and keep it on and go about his business. Craziness.



Devin also had some toy cop sets up in the closet. He bought them back in 2002 when we lived in our apartment and kept them in their boxes. There was a 6 pack of law enforcement hot wheels, a large set of SWAT vehicles with little SWAT men, and a huge play set with cars, helicopters, police, a K-9 unit, guns and small accessories. He was so excited to give them to Monks! (I think we both forgot we had them to be honest) I wish I had it on video. Monks face just lit up and he started saying cars cars cars and pointing! As Devin opened the hot wheels I told Aikman what do you say but before I even finished that sentence he said peas peas. He was so excited! Once he had those he sat down and started rolling them around and Devin said look Monks, got something else and he brought out the large SWAT set. He had to use his knife to open it and as he has this huge box in his lap Aikman goes and squeezes between him and the box and sits in Devin’s lap with his hands on his knees like okay, I am ready. It was hilarious. Devin just made his day. We are waiting to give him the largest set, some pieces are small so maybe for his birthday he will be ready. He played with those new cars for about 2 hours straight and that is no exaggeration. He plays so cute and had his cars in a line and the police by the helicopter. The helicopter had to stay on its “pad”, the white lid to a box Devin turned upside down for him. He would push your hand away if you tried to move it and give you a car instead. He was all about the cars. He wanted down from his highchair to play with cars. He wanted them in his bath and in his bed at night.  I did not let him but once he was all clean and dressed for bed he sat down to play once more. In the morning when I woke him up, first thing he did was wipe his eyes and then point to his cars and ask for one. Too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment