Monday, April 4, 2011

Monkeys Love To Play Outside

Saturday morning I woke up to a kiss from my sweet monkey! He was sitting in bed with me (at 7:04 am I might add) and Devin was standing by the bed. Devin said we made breakfast. Devin has class on Saturdays and he has to leave about 7:35 so that was a nice surprise. I got up and we went to eat. We had eggs, biscuits, sausage, bacon and hasbrowns. It was yummy! Monks went right to his highchair and showed me his new car and puzzle Daddy had bought him. His car is just a little hot wheel but the puzzle is a police car and once you get all the pieces in, the siren goes off. Pretty neat huh? I am sure you can imagine how much Monks loves it. We did have plans to go to a petting zoo/farm type place with a friend and her girls but I was so tired and dozing on and off that I decided we would skip it. Monks played all morning and then at 11:45 I put him down for his nap since he had gotten up so early. He woke up at 4:15! Talk about a sleepy boy!! Goodness! I also took a nap in between there so it was nice. Devin got out of class about 2 hours early and he came home and we got ready to take Pete to work and then spend some time together. We went to Target and only spent $13.56. That is a record for us there y’all! Monks got some super cute egg shaped chalk from the $1 bins. I correct him each time but it never fails. He always calls eggs balls. He points and says oh balls or that’s balls! So in his eyes he got balls that happen to color. Craziness. After Target we went and ate at Burger King and played in a play place for the first time ever! We were the only family in there which is why I let him go in the first place. He was very cautious at first and would only go up the next level when Devin was with him. Sorry, mommy did not fit. Once he had the hang of it, he went to level 2 on his own but never higher. I like to watch him when he is exploring something new. His face is too sweet. We then decided we would play at a park, but one at a school so it would not be too crowded. We went to one elementary school and he played and played. He loved following Devin around on the playground and we kept laughing because out of two playgrounds he would wander to a bench and be amazed by it and then walked to the building and was looking in the windows asking what everything was and we would then call him back to play and he would come running. He loves the slides, especially when Devin can go next to him. We will def be making a trip back there and I will take my camera. I tried to crawl through a tunnel and seriously did not fit. My back was pressed so far against the top and my stomach was dragging on the bottom of it. Not a cute sight. I also went down some slides but when your hips literally are the width of the slide, you don’t go too fast and God forbid there be a curve in it, you don’t move. Too sad. We then went to another park at a different school with swings. It had a fence around the playground and it had a gate so I liked that. We were there over an hour. They had a basketball court and there were three balls lying around. Devin started shooting hoops and I sat on the court and watched and we told Aikman to shoot some. He would throw the ball about two feet in the air and clap and yell. I tried to shoot from sitting down and Monks really came closer than I did. Anyone notice how athletic I am?? Devin tried to teach Monks to dribble and it was so sweet to watch because he did not know how to let it bounce and do it, he would just set the ball there and pat it repeatedly with both hands. My little genius! We left as it started getting dark and went home to take a much needed bath. It was well worth it. J He fell right to sleep.

Climbing at Burger King


Rock climbing after Daddy



No comments:

Post a Comment