Wednesday, April 20, 2011

No Bubble Baths for Monks

Last night in the bath I decided to add some bubbles to his water. It has really been months since I have done it. Apparently it’s not a good idea. I started to pour some grape smelling princess bubbles I had (yes they were mine) and as soon as they started appearing, Monks starting scooting to the back of the tub with the most disgusted look on his face. I said it was okay they were just bubbles and fun to play in. He was all the way against the back of the tub by now and said no, no bubbles. I was in shock he disliked them so much but proud he said bubbles so well! I reassured him once again and made the mistake of putting some on him. He held his arms out and whined like it hurt him and said no momma no. I really was kind of laughing. The more I put on him and tried to blow to make it fun, the more he disliked them. He then reached for me to pick him up and said momma while still whining. He wanted out of there! I rinsed him off with one of his beach pails we play with and apologized and let him know he was okay and we tried to splash them around to dilute them. He still stayed near the back of the tub. As mean as it may sound, I can’t help but smile when I think of how grossed out he was from them. I wish I had it on video. He was so cute. We will stick with a normal bath tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment