Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Chuck E. Cheese

Saturday evening Tio and Tia came over. Phil had already been with us since mid afternoon and poor Pete was at work. They suggested we go to Chuck E. Cheese. We had never been and it sounded fun. Monks was very excited to go! We all got ready and went outside to get in our cars. Monks wanted to ride in the van but I told him no because then I would have to get his car seat out of the truck and it would just be a hassle so he would see them when we got there. As I picked him up to put him in the car he started to cry. Not a cry like I didn’t get my way, let me throw a fit, but a cry like he was just heartbroken and devastated and could not go on. Between sobs he would say the van, the van. Tio and Tia van. Tio said no, he is riding with us. (Soft uncle J) Devin got the car seat out and put it in their van. As he got out of the car to make his way to the van he smiled with little red eyes and said I ride in the van. Precious guy. Who knew a minivan could make him so happy? We get to Chuck E. Cheese and it’s pretty crowded and there were several parties going on. I have to admit I think we were all a little scared. Lol. We found a table and then went to order our food. I know most kids places are going to be a little pricy and that’s fine, it’s worth it occasionally but my gosh. I spent $39.62 on 2 MEDIUM pizzas and three drinks and juice for Monks. That’s kind of high to me! We ate and it was good pizza and then it was time to play. The great thing about it was that each game is only 1 token and you get 4 tokens for one dollar. Devin did not know that at the time so spent $20 on the tokens. We ended up with 80 tokens lol He had this cup he carried them around in. Monks rode some little things and played some race car games and games where he steered a wheel. He played some whacking games with me and we all had fun. Everyone played something! I also really liked that they had several rides/games that took your picture. I got a cute one of Devin and Monks and Pips and I took one. Aikman also got one of him on the horse and an ID type card made with a spaceship. Pretty cute if you ask me. Everyone who played ended up getting Monks over 200 tickets to cash in! He got a spiky ball and two packs of sweet tarts. We still have about 100 left over. We were there for a few hours and then headed home.  He of course rode home with Tio and Tia to our house and when they got home, Tio said Monks fell asleep shortly after they were in the car. We really only live about 8 minutes from there so that shows you how worn out he was! It was a great day and well worth it to see his face light up!Thanks everyone for going! It was so fun.







Someone was cheesin hard!


On stage with the singing and dancing mouse!


This ride went up and down and around






No comments:

Post a Comment