Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Our New Love Pad

After being in our house for nearly 9 years, we finally redid our bedroom. When we moved in, we painted our room this light green color which at the time I obviously liked it or I would not have picked it, but a week ago when I would look at it, I would think, what the heck was I thinking? We had a comforter with green and goldish stripes that my dad had bought us and after a wash in the washing machine, it became all lumpy and dumb and so it became Apollo’s bed. We had nothing hanging on our walls but a small cross above our light switch that Tia Net bought us when we got married. We had no curtains up, just blinds, and when Devin went to midnights a couple of years ago, he hung blankets over the windows so it would be super dark in there so he could sleep during the day. Blankets. Needless to say, I was embarrassed of our room and wanted it to be a relaxing, semi-romantic, nice but not fancy spouse-cave. I got several ideas from Pinterest and was able to convince Devin to redo our room. We decided on grey, turquoise, purple and white. I had seen where you paint horizontal stripes on your walls, using the same color, just alternating between glossy and flat paint. I love how it turned out! I took off last Wednesday so we could do it all. The prep work included taping everything off and measuring our stripes and dusting and vacuuming everything. Is it super gross to have dust just on your wall? Well I did. I also vacuumed up a few apartment complexes that housed spiders. I never saw a spider but clearly web=spider and that equals super scary. We still have a few things to add on the walls but it is already four hundred times better than it was. Once I add a few more accent colors in there, I think it will really make it all pop even more. I found the best pillows at Pier 1. They were silky and looked like flowers the way the material was on and it was the perfect turquoise and purple to go in there. I loved them and grabbed them right when I saw them and showed Devin. He wasn’t near as enthusiastic as I was, but then I saw the tag. Unfortunately, they were $30 a piece. Sorry perfectly beautiful pillows, I just can’t do that. I set them back on the shelf as I wiped a tear from my eye. Oh well. I hope you like it as much as we do and maybe if you are in our neighborhood, I will let you come in and lay on our super soft bed. Last night was the first night to have the bedding on as we were still waiting on our sheets. Monks and Pippa were already in bed when we put on our new sheets. This morning after getting dressed I asked Aikman to go in our room to grab my phone for me. Devin was still getting dressed and he said when Monks walked in, he did a double take and then said oooh, I like you bed daddy as he rubbed the sheets. He then came and told me and I said isn’t it nice sweetheart and he said yes, momma, very soft. I promised him he could lay in it this evening after his bath. Sweet boy.

DO NOT JUDGE ME FOR THE HIDEOUS ROOM BEFORE.


Nice throw on the window there huh?
 
Wow.
 


This was with some blankets taken down lol
 
During painting last week. Those are some ugly princesses!
 
Ahh, how sweet. Like the stripes? That shelf has our wedding picture of our kiss on it with some sweet sayings I found online and some I made. The curtains are a plum color and on the turquoise wall, they do look that color, but on the grey wall, it looks a little brown at times. I am thinking when I get more purple things in there, it will stand out more. I love the white down comforter so much! It makes it bright and stand out.


I bought those little wall hooks at Pier 1 and am debating moving them to another wall or just putting something else on that wall with them.
 
Above the closet I want to put one of those wood sayings like Love or Laugh or something and then above the dresser put a big picture of the kids and have it framed and matted at Hobby Lobby. I will either do two and have them separate or one giant one of them together.
 
I want to hang a shelf on the right wall and maybe put a nice chair in that corner and then hang some more pictures on the wall that has the armoire. That mirror in the drawer is what I use to get ready in the morning so I will get a little one and then get rid of that big one.

1 comment: